Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GRADS2112

This is probably off topic...

....but I would ditch the "off topic'' section. It seems like they are both sandbar-like and the
    Mon,Tues,Wed,etc threads are a little Riverchatish.:cower:

WMC

Re: This is probably off topic...

I've never been on river chat they would never except me. Off topic is for the other off topic stuff. Thanks

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Grads you pushing it or is this legit?

Quote Originally Posted by River911 View Post
    Grads you pushing it or is this legit?
    I really fucking can't believe I'm about to type this, but I do see that moron's point... but you're still in beta mode here and it will take some time. The sandbar has always been the off-topic kind of area and all the technical stuff, such as changing out fuel pumps, will end up in the appropriate forum.

If you start trying to split up the bullshiting areas, for lack of a better term, then you spend your whole life babysitting and sorting threads. Then the whining starts because so and so started a thread and it was allowed to stay, while the thread you started was moved.

Let it run for a while and see how it works. You'll find out that there are some forums that get zero traffic, and those are the ones you get rid of. Then you'll notice that you need a forum because some topic keep popping up. I understand your long term goals and the target market you're looking for, which is all boats... right now, it seems to cater to the performance crowd, but who knows if you'll need a houseboat or big cruiser section in a year.

Play it by ear and keep it fluid. Just my $.02 as I've seen more than a few boards come and go.

President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

I appreciate the clarification and feedback.

Thank you
    HB

So should we ditch the off topic section?

What about the daily threads?

Bueller?

Bueller?
    Make the section the Political Section. The topics that I see in there are stuff that should be in the Sandbar.

If you give them a political section then they'll be sure and post political shit where it doesn't belong.

Just my .02 which isn't worth shit...

Bueller?
    I'm gonna have to agree with GRADS (did I just say that?). The off topic and sandbar are pretty much the same thing. If you want to start the daily threads, just do them in the sandbar.

Also, whether you like it or not, you're going to have to create a political section.

Quote Originally Posted by shintoooo View Post
    I'm gonna have to agree with GRADS (did I just say that?).
    I'm debating turning in my forum card because I did... taking the rest of the day off and flushing out my system with a combination of bleach and gasoline.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Then so it shall be.

See how easy that was.