Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

thinking about new club

wonder how much interest there would be in a michigan out board club.
    mich hot boat is a dead horse nobody shows up for meets.
    I was at the last meet in tawas, spent a grand on cabin gas food and two out of town boats showed up and one was mine.
    would like to start a fresh new club if any one thinks there would be enough interest.
    if not then I will just go hangout in my own spot on hardy and save a lot of gas money that I have wasted on the last mhb meet
    ]1998 TPR EDGE STEALTH 3.0 EFI
    1994 Huricane deck boat 90hp Yammi
    1986 Stratose 2.0 grenade SOLD

good luck in the club venture man! clubs can be a lot of fun and i would never try to discourage starting one just be ready for some headaches...sometimes it just seems so much less stressful to just go boating with some buddies and let someone else do the event planning....so far my experience is that being in a club is fun but running one can be a P.I.A. at times....

If youre a performance boater that supports our troops then come check out the Mad Minute Racing Face Book gorup.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/493351710715413/

Larry take MHB for what it is. It's just a group of guys who show up to there certain favorite lakes. If it's not Wamplers or Oscoda then they don't come. I know you spent a ton of money for the Tawas event and it had a horrible turn out. I say we get with a few of the guys who you and I know who like to go out and run our boats and we go to a few different places threw out the summer. Maybe once a month in the summer. I know you would like Higgins Lake, Torch Lake just to name a few.
    "IT'S FAST AND NO YOU CAN'T DRIVE IT"
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVRF3fQTNO53iBBUfHk5JmQ

If there is anything we can do to help please send me a PM or do not hesitate to ask.

thanks for all the support, just putting out feelers for now to see how many guys would be interested.
    It does not have to be just a outboard club that was just an example.
    Like Liberatore said 1 meet a month. open to ideas for name and other impute
    example-- Michigan pickle forckers, lol, michigan river rats or river mafia.
    I dont want to turn this into a thread about cool names, It's more about what interest there might be.
    thanks Verman..

I'm out this year so you won't get much feedback from me. Just keep it simple like Brian said.

New to this forum and boating in this area. My project should be ready for next season. I love the club atmosphere as I was a member of one when I lived out west. We were all friends and hung out even away from the lake. We had poker runs, parking lot regattas, meetings (party's) at BWW's and hooters. It was just a good time. I'm definitely in after boat is done. But I'm a jet if that's OK ? I'm not prestigious.

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    New to this forum and boating in this area. My project should be ready for next season. I love the club atmosphere as I was a member of one when I lived out west. We were all friends and hung out even away from the lake. We had poker runs, parking lot regattas, meetings (party's) at BWW's and hooters. It was just a good time. I'm definitely in after boat is done. But I'm a jet if that's OK ? I'm not prestigious.
    Welcome to Hotboat.com

Let's see your project

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    Not a problem with me. Not sure if I will get enough interest to start new club yet.
    will have to wait and see. there is Michigan hot boat, but a little stale. I may get involved with them again some day but fed up with a few in the club for now. I boat alot on hardy your more and welcome to come join when you get her done, and good luck with the project.

Verman i am going to be at hardy this Saturday. Probably consumer cove. Let me know if you going to be around I can always run down to the sand bar.

Leroy