Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes I find that Lifeline batteries are good batteries. Have never had an issue with them.

Lifeline Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby V View Post
    I have heard the optimas have lost some years to them lately. I hope your wrong on the 1 year. I do have tenders hooked up. Hope it helps. Interstates aren't that much cheaper. I have the billet battery holders made for optimas also.
    I'm on yr 2 of my blue tops and couldn't be happier. 3 yrs on the interstates before that.
    Just put a set of interstates in my golf cart hoping for 5 out of those.

Lifeline Batteries

Another thumbs up for Optimas, I keep them on a tender when not in use. 4 good years so far
    CH3NO2

I have heard the Optimas require more maintenance. For instance, when I am getting ready to store my boat, would I need to disconnect the batteries and hook them up to a "tender" in order for them to last 3+ years?

Is this process required of most marine batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    I have heard the Optimas require more maintenance. For instance, when I am getting ready to store my boat, would I need to disconnect the batteries and hook them up to a "tender" in order for them to last 3+ years?

Is this process required of most marine batteries?
    There is an easy way around that, install a Perco switch, and have the tender wired directly to the batteries. When time to store, turn the batteries off and plug the tender into an outlet.

Lifeline Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by icb1 View Post
    Interstat are by far better batteries and they wont break the bank and there good for about 4 years
    Interstates are great but they lack reserve capacity and cca when you get into the large sizes (bigger than grp 27). It becomes an issue for today's efi motors. Mercury requires 1100 cca for their dts race motors now and I'm sure the rest of the efi line isn't far behind.
    Die Hard actually has a good affordable battery to fill the new requirements.

Lifeline Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by H2oSki2Fast View Post
    There is an easy way around that, install a Perco switch, and have the tender wired directly to the batteries. When time to store, turn the batteries off and plug the tender into an outlet.
    Exactly. Having a charger maintainer installed is a nice clean way to do it as well. Clean install and you just plug it in.

Quote Originally Posted by H2oSki2Fast View Post
    This is how my boat is set up.

I had some Optimas a few years back.
    They did me well and lasted until I sold that boat, 3-4 years.
    But I have read so much complaint and trouble when they got sourced south of the boarder, I just have not been able to bring myself to take a chance at their prices again.
    Lately I been getting Exide Marines just because they are honestly, the cheapest.
    It seem like lead acid batteries have become "all the same" lately.
    I used to go for the Die Hards, but have not had any better luck with them in recent years.
    Was an Interstate fan for a long time. Even used to hit their warehouse here and got deals on their "blems".
    Poor luck with a deep cycle used to run my hydraulic lift and a few rotten garden tractor batteries.
    I been going for the low price, so when they crap out I don't mind as much.
    RSCHAP1

Quote Originally Posted by rschap1 View Post
    I had some Optimas a few years back.
    They did me well and lasted until I sold that boat, 3-4 years.
    But I have read so much complaint and trouble when they got sourced south of the boarder, I just have not been able to bring myself to take a chance at their prices again.
    Lately I been getting Exide Marines just because they are honestly, the cheapest.
    It seem like lead acid batteries have become "all the same" lately.
    I used to go for the Die Hards, but have not had any better luck with them in recent years.
    Was an Interstate fan for a long time. Even used to hit their warehouse here and got deals on their "blems".
    Poor luck with a deep cycle used to run my hydraulic lift and a few rotten garden tractor batteries.
    I been going for the low price, so when they crap out I don't mind as much.
    Exide is having their own problems right now. I have a job at the Vernon recycle plant which has been shut down. Hope they pay.

http://www.scpr.org/blogs/environmen...-in-vernon-ci/