Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lifeline Batteries

Need to purchase 2 new batteries for the boat and have done a bit of research.
    I am thinking of purchasing 2 lifeline group 27 AGM batteries.

Wondering of anyone had any experience with them.
    They are $260 each. I want to make sure they are a decent product before shelling out $500+ for batteries.

It is the second part number down on the attached sheet.
    http://www.advancedpowerproducts.com...ebatteries.php

Wendi
    We just bought 2 Optima, not sure how they compare. Probably need a guys opinion on this one. Our last set of Optima's lasted 7 years.

Thanks, I will check them out. Did you get the blue top ones?
    I need something to last me longer than 1.5yrs.

Wendi

Lifeline Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Thanks, I will check them out. Did you get the blue top ones?
    I need something to last me longer than 1.5yrs.
    Yes they are blue top and last 3-5 years

I just bought 3 Optima Blue tops. Old ones were about 7 years old.

Lifeline Batteries

You guys are the minority. I get more complaints about optimal than any other battery. Odysseys are second. Everyone complains they don't last more than a year and cost a fortune. The only batteries I have been able to sell successfully are interstate. Good price and they last 3-4 years no problem.

Lifeline Batteries

That's not to say optima batteries and other sealed cell batteries are no good. It just means the average customer kills them early than comes back upset. They aren't dummy proof at all

Quote Originally Posted by Menace Marine View Post
    You guys are the minority. I get more complaints about optimal than any other battery. Odysseys are second. Everyone complains they don't last more than a year and cost a fortune. The only batteries I have been able to sell successfully are interstate. Good price and they last 3-4 years no problem.
    I have heard the optimas have lost some years to them lately. I hope your wrong on the 1 year. I do have tenders hooked up. Hope it helps. Interstates aren't that much cheaper. I have the billet battery holders made for optimas also.

Interstat are by far better batteries and they wont break the bank and there good for about 4 years

Lifeline Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby V View Post
    I have heard the optimas have lost some years to them lately. I hope your wrong on the 1 year. I do have tenders hooked up. Hope it helps. Interstates aren't that much cheaper. I have the billet battery holders made for optimas also.
    Tenders will definitely help. Always charge them slow.