• 6 1.69%
  • 5 1.41%
  • 148 41.81%
  • 8 2.26%
  • 3 0.85%
  • 4 1.13%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroBoat View Post
    That is a totally incorrect statement Mr Nelson. The plug your boat came is a Cheyenne mold I currently have not a Ultra. Tom Papp lost the original Cheyenne mold in a divorce. He then made the TPR, (Tom Papp Racing) mold from a Cheyenne so he could have another version of the Cheyenne.
    I know Tommy made the tpr from a cheyenne... the boat i used for the plug was not a Chyenne although you may call it that its not. Andy Ralls has Ervin Capps old Chyenne mold and there may be another one floating around but if you have the mold that came from that Ron guy in California that was originally an ultra you are incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroBoat View Post
    That is a totally incorrect statement Mr Nelson. The plug your boat came is a Cheyenne mold I currently have not a Ultra. Tom Papp lost the original Cheyenne mold in a divorce. He then made the TPR, (Tom Papp Racing) mold from a Cheyenne so he could have another version of the Cheyenne.
    The Predator mold was redesigned off of the ultra/ronco mold that Ron acquired from ultra which was a second generation Cheyenne. It's the same mold that Mike Finnegan's boat came out of. When Ron tried to make a new race boat for the 509 Raucher crew it was unacceptable to there liking and was sold to someone in AZ. Dan and Brian Nelson bought the hull and redesigned the hull with a few minor changes to the bottom to be consistent with the first generation Cheyenne. Also did a few modifications to the deck and made there own mold. The original TPR mold is with Greg Shoemaker /Mike Declark
    The first generation Cheyenne that was back east that I believe Capps was making boats out of is now in San Diego and belongs to Andy Ralls of Ralls Performance Marine. I know Ron Baker also has a version of the Cheyenne and I believe it to be the original generation 2 mold that Ron from Ronco was making hulls out of which the Predator was born from.

All and all They are all Cheyenne based boats

Gen1 Ralls performance marine
    Gen2 Ron Baker
    Gen3 TPR GS/Declark
    Gen4 Predator Dan and Brian Nelson

Several others and I had very lengthy conversations with Tommy when he was still with us about this subject. Now there is a lot more about the hulls, but to the best of my memory the above is where they are today.

Couple last minute pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Beautiful boat
    Quote Originally Posted by 68mandella View Post
    69' Mandella Long Deck 18'
    Out of Tucson, AZ
    Finished a 3 year full restoration,
    On how it was originally built in 69'
    427 Big Block Chevy
    Dual Holley 660 center squirters
    Casale with 18% gears and whirlaway
    Attachment 12500Attachment 12501Attachment 12502Attachment 12503

Quote Originally Posted by 68mandella View Post
    69' Mandella Long Deck 18'
    Out of Tucson, AZ
    Finished a 3 year full restoration,
    On how it was originally built in 69'
    427 Big Block Chevy
    Dual Holley 660 center squirters
    Casale with 18% gears and whirlaway
    Attachment 12500Attachment 12501Attachment 12502Attachment 12503
    Quote Originally Posted by gregk1 View Post
    Attachment 12402Attachment 124041960 biesemeyer carriabean recently restored in my garage by me took about 8 months
    Looks great

WOW! They all are Hot Boats. Tough choice

Quote Originally Posted by Hondoboat View Post
    I don't want to lose either lol I thought for sure it was going to be a battle between kjell and I but it looks as if im going to loose to a 68 Mandella

Hotboat of the month july 2013 - submit here

Quote Originally Posted by Hondoboat View Post
    Lol now that's being creative 👍

WMC
    Wow we have a very tight race here. Most votes we've seen since we started Hotboat of the Month. Poles close in less than 3 hours.