Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I got the transom plates fabed up.
    I made a template, from a piece of sign board. I got a rough shape and then jus refined it until it fit nice and tight.

One thing i had to deal with was the hand hole cover. The hand hole cover has the depression in it that had to be covered. I asked a bunch of questions in another thread, and as usual, i got some great feed back from people on these forums.
    I ground the hand hole flat and then made a cover plate from 1/4" aluminum.

As you can see above, the hold down bolts aren't out enough, so I notched around them. I tested my templet from the left to right side of the pump and it was pretty close. I had to do a little adjusting , but not much. I transferred the shape to a full size template, and commenced to cutting plates.

I got the plates in place and started drilling holes. I was care full to use all the existing holes from the Berk cover, so that it could be reused if needed in the future.

Got all the rest of the holes laid out. I want to try and keep every thing in the plates. This boat has enough holes in it! I t don't need no more.

I finally got every thing hung and situated, on the transom, the way i want it, after hooking things up and changing things around a dozen times.

Finally I got the motor set in the boat!

I am glad this thing is, for the most part, finished. Building two boats in less than two years, has taken a lot out of me.
    Even tho i pretty much used every thing i could from the Kona, I was still throwing $100 dollar bills at this thing,like i was throwing dollar bills at a stripper in the Spearmint Rhino!
    I ended up fabricating a new bracket for the oil cooler and moving it foreword some.
    I will say this. I am definitely going to find a block mounted oil cooler and remote oil filter. I want to be able to pull the engine in and out with only having to connect fuel, water and spark.

Here is a little bit of the hose routing. It is a bit of a spaghetti bowl. I am definitely not happy with that and will be cleaning that up a bit.

I wanted to keep all the thru hull fittings in the transom plates and with the set back that i have the fittings for the water inlet were too close, so i routed the line around the pump. That was an expensive piece. A two ft pice of braided hose and two 90* hose ends! But it worked well.

I had to fix the blown out fender. The blown out piece was long gone, and I needed to recreate the part of the fender and the step pad, so I needed to take a part from the good fender.
    Since the paint on the fender, was peeling and chipped, I did not know if the part would release with just waxing the fender, so I used wax paper to cover the fender and lay up the fiberglass against. This really is not the best way to go about it. The glass likes to lift from the mold and tends to not stay in place, because there is no sticky or suction to hold it down. None the less I got the general shape out of it and after I trim it up, I can always fix what I do not like about it.

I started out with the good fender and wrapped it with wax paper. Then I cut the Csm to fit and draped it over the fender.

I released the part and this is what it looks like.

Here is what it looks like laid over the broken fender.

I trimmed the part and the fender to fit, then I clamped the pieces together and glassed in a couple of tabs, to hold it in place.

I finished laying up the glass on the fender. I still need to finish it, but for now, I just needed to make it whole, so I can get on the water. I will post pics when I do finish it.

The rest of the pics are just pretty much finished product pics. All in all it was still a fun project.

After the AVI i fixed all the stuff i seemed to have left undone.
    I also wanted to put on the scoop that was intended for this boat. Before i could do that i had to figure a way to mount the scoop to the tray. When i bought the scoop the Duz fasteners had been removed and there were unpainted spots in their place. They were large fasteners and the ones i could get from my speed shop were smaller and being as impatient as i am, i decided i would fab up some plates to cover the unpainted spots and act as centering holes.
    I found some scrap 1/16" aluminum and stated cutting. I cut them and shaped them to the shape of the duz fasteners.

I gave them a straight grain brushed finish, with a 5/16" hoe for a bolt.

I riveted them in place.

I used these stainless guys for the threaded attachment to the tray.

I clamped the scoop in place and drilled the hole in the tray. And riveted the ss T nuts to the tray.

I mounted the scoop and used four 5/16" socket head bolts. And the scoop is finished.

And the real finished pics!

Name:  118.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  142.5 KB

Name:  121.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  109.8 KB

Name:  117.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  138.7 KB

Name:  119.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  103.9 KB

Name:  123.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  114.4 KB

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  149.3 KB

Name:  007.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  143.6 KB

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  139.6 KB

Name:  020.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  028.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  103.1 KB

Name:  055.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  170.9 KB

Name:  058.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  149.8 KB

Name:  059.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  156.2 KB

Name:  063.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  163.6 KB

Name:  060.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  162.2 KB

Name:  084.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  145.3 KB

Name:  102.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  107.6 KB

Name:  110.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  98.4 KB
    Last edited by Holorinhal; 06-02-2013 at 04:08 AM.

Can you repost the pix that did make it to the new server? Great write up.

How come none of the pictures are showing up?

Nevermind
    Last edited by Brian; 06-12-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: I fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    Can you repost the pix that did make it to the new server? Great write up.
    Is every thing ok? I can see all of the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Holorinhal View Post
    Is every thing ok? I can see all of the pics.
    Admin fixed them. Great Job...Any numbers?

Super Work !!!
    RSCHAP1

That was amazing!!!

you always have the greatest build threads!!! thanks for taking the time to make such detailed posts! hope to see you out on the water one of these days!

shaun

If youre a performance boater that supports our troops then come check out the Mad Minute Racing Face Book gorup.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/493351710715413/