Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hot Rods or Not

I just picked up an all numbers matching 1973 Corvette...Still waiting to get it delivered from Florida.

2006 HD SB with 100 plus HP

1998 FB

Karsten

Cal speedway took delivery of it's sound wall steel. When the wall is finished NHRA street legal drag racing will proceed next year. I'm planning on making some passes, who's in?

Name:  DSC04707 - Copy.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  180.7 KB

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Cal speedway took delivery of it's sound wall steel. When the wall is finished NHRA street legal drag racing will proceed next year. I'm planning on making some passes, who's in?

Name:  DSC04707 - Copy.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  180.7 KB
    What do you think it will run?
    Nice car by the way, 68 & 69 are my favorite chevelles

WESTERNAERO
    Can't believe these are the only pictures I have of my Nova on the computer, but here it is. I'll have to find some better pics.
    Alston front half, 3-link rear with mini tub, 9-inch, 700 lockup trans, small block, full cage, plus a lot more. Runs descent for a pro-tour deal.
    Name:  NOVA1.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  56.8 KBName:  NOVA2.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  61.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Can't believe these are the only pictures I have of my Nova on the computer, but here it is. I'll have to find some better pics.
    Alston front half, 3-link rear with mini tub, 9-inch, 700 lockup trans, small block, full cage, plus a lot more. Runs descent for a pro-tour deal.
    Name:  NOVA1.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  56.8 KBName:  NOVA2.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  61.1 KB
    Wow that's nice!! What's powering it? I'd love to have an overdrive trans or a gear vendors, but my car is a real ss so I'm a little reluctant to go there.

I'm running a stock 360 horse 396 with a John Avery tune up. The car has a turbo 400 with 3.73 gears and stock converter. With street tires I'll be lucky to hit mid 13's. In the future I'll be upgrading my powertrain by a couple hundred horsepower.
    Last edited by Sharp shooter; 11-23-2013 at 04:44 PM.

WESTERNAERO
    It has a pretty stout 327. Runs surprisingly well for a small cubic inch motor. I used to run it DOT's and it pulled pretty hard for a street deal but now with the radials it just turns the tire all the time, with every shift. The suspension is set up so nice though, it never gets outta shape and just runs straight tire smoke and all.
    Don't mind the dirty engine, haven't polished this thing in a while.
    Name:  NOVA4.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  68.5 KB

It has a pretty stout 327. Runs surprisingly well for a small cubic inch motor. I used to run it DOT's and it pulled pretty hard for a street deal but now with the radials it just turns the tire all the time, with every shift. The suspension is set up so nice though, it never gets outta shape and just runs straight tire smoke and all.
    Don't mind the dirty engine, haven't polished this thing in a while.
    Name:  NOVA4.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  68.5 KB
    Nice!! Just need to hook up your heater.

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Nice!! Just need to hook up your heater.
    No heater required, It's a hard top, windows are down, always.
    It's actually a factory air car, when I first bought it it would get ice on the keys dangling in front of the vents. Amazed me how cold it blew.

No heater required, It's a hard top, windows are down, always.
    It's actually a factory air car, when I first bought it it would get ice on the keys dangling in front of the vents. Amazed me how cold it blew.
    I've used my heater maybe twice since 2005, but for some reason I've always felt the heater was a necessity. And my factory AC is all hooked up and in tact (but not working) and I never seem to find the time to mess with it.

Seen this guy on the freeway Saturday. Someday I will have one...someday.

Blown Gas Flats to Rope...
    In loving memory of
    Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens