Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I had some free time today and I wanted to get this remote oil filter done. I ditched the mount I built out of ply because I did not want to wait for the glass work to kick off. I decided to use these threaded inserts instead.

My installation tool.

The inserts installed.

Studs installed.

Mount installed.

This job kicked my ass. The insert were easy to get installed. It was tightening the bottom 2 nuts that was a nightmare. In hind sight I should have made a mount of plate aluminum. I could have countersunk bolts in from the back and then drilled holes that were accessible elsewhere in the mount to bolt it on. Oh well. It is done. On to the next piece of the puzzle.
    Last edited by Last Mohican; 05-07-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    89 Eliminator Daytona 21'
    74 Sleek Craft Rebel w/Pontiac 400
    76 Sleek Craft Ambassador

Re: 21' Daytona winter freshening.

Awesome work man! Keep it up!

sent from my galaxy tab 2

Thanks. It is actually back on the water now. Guess I need to update this thread.

Wow great job looks very clean.

Thanks Boost.

Few more details.

Oil lines are done. This was a PITA in the boat with the pump and motor in. Next time I will pull the motor and filter mount to install the lines. This is hard to get a picture. These lines are in tight places. The fittings look mared but they are not.

Also made an adel clamp for the fuel filter. This was pretty straight forward. I took a piece of 3/4 aluminum strap from Lowe's, bent a 90 in it about 1" from the end. Clamped the filter in a vise and wrapped the strap around the filter. Marked the ends even cut it off and drilled a hole. I pulled it back off and clamped it in the vise to bend it out a little so the line would clear the flywheel cover. The strap was fairly tight but I added one wrap of electrical tape around the filter under the strap and it really tightened it up.

I know this is not the best fuel filter. This is a basically stock pump gas 454. This filter is accessible and washable. It can easily be upgraded to a Weldon or system1 in the future when the budget allows. The funds are a little tight now and I want to get on the water.

Finished the fuel and water lines today. I bought -12 line to use for the oil lines before I discovered the bosses were too close together for the fittings. They let me swap the fittings but they would not take the hose back since it had ben cut. I decided to use it for the water dump out of the block. Made me feel good I could use it instead of eating $70 worth of braided line. For the water lines I am using -10 from the pump to a splitter with -8 (x2) out of the splitter to the block and a -12 dump out of the intake. I am going to have to drag this thing out in the sun to get pics. With all the chrome and black I can't get a good picture with just the lighting in the shop or the flash.

-10 to -8 (x2) splitter

Water lines are now officially done. I originally purchased -12 to do the oil lines. The bosses in the filter adapter are too close together for the -12 fittings to work. I could not return the -12 since it was already cut so I used it for the water dump.

I had a client cut transom plates on a laser table. It was a bit of a rush so the initial cut was not perfect. After several hours of hand filing and fitting they fit pretty well. I am certainly happy with them. They will be powder coated as part of next winters projects.

Bling bling black nylon fuel hose looks good.

Good looking boat in the pictures, better looking boat in person!