Desert Storm Street Party 2013- "McCulloch Comes to Life"

Desert Storm Street Party 2013

So, this was my first time attending the Desert Storm Street Party and let me say, it was an absolute blast. Chalk another event up to the hotboat.com map of “must see events”. If you’ve never seen a 388 Skater or a 38’ MTI up close and personal, this is your chance.

"Project Mayhem"

Name:  image_4.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  179.1 KB

It’s not often that the ‘big boys’ come out to the west coast so please be advised, do not miss your opportunity. There were so many boats at the Street Party it is hard to pick out a favorite but I know the Collegewood Skater is always something to see in person. There is something about flying across the water at 100+mph with the A/C blasting that is intriguing to say the least. How about the winner of the 2013 Shootout? Yes, his 180mph Skater was also in attendance.

Name:  image_5.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  136.8 KB

May I suggest if you really want to see the boats unobstructed and up close, show up about an hour before the start time at 12 p.m.

Name:  image_2.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  155.6 KB

The crowds really begin to pick up as the day goes on and the chance to take good pictures diminishes. Watching the rigs file in one by one with monsters in tow is certain to put a smile on your face, although it might bring a little anger when you realize how much a setup like this cost.

Name:  image_4.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  164.0 KB

By the time the sun was setting the streets were jammed up with people making it pretty difficult to walk. This is by far the most foot traffic I have seen at a local boat show type event all year, it was awesome. The Street Party turned into a “party” by sundown. The bars were jam packed and the music was blasting, Desert Storm 2013 was officially underway.

As you can see, the streets are getting pretty crowded at this point.

Name:  image_1.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  177.8 KB

Name:  image_3.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  108.0 KB

The show had a great flow to it and I must applaud the organizers of the event for all the hard work that goes into putting something like this on. Not only is it a great event for the city of Lake Havasu City, AZ but for the entire boating community. Vendors, manufacturers, and boat owners travel from all over the country to be a part of one of the biggest events on the west coast. Although the show consists of mainly larger ‘poker run’ boats I can guarantee that fun will be had by all. Whether its Bio-Kleen cleaner you are looking for, a blower setup, a Rootz EFI kit, or just a steak sandwich, the street party had every angle covered.

Name:  image_2.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  89.4 KB

Name:  image_1.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  101.3 KB

Name:  image_5.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  157.1 KB

Written by:GotHalos

Desert Storm Street Party 2013- "McCulloch Comes to Life"

Great write up GH! Always fun to hear a first timers perspective. We had a newb with us as well, she was blown away and wants on board for next year.
    CH3NO2

WMC
    Might I add a huge thank you to the organizer's Teague Custom Marine (Bob Teague and his crew) and LakeRacer, LLC (Jim Nichols and his crew) who worked very hard to put this Desert Storm week together. We met so many great new friends and want to thank you all for coming by and supporting us at www.hotboat.com;s booth. We will definitely be back next year and are looking forward to it.

Senior Member Miss Managed Assets's Avatar

Great pics!