Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Name:  IMG_3168.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  68.4 KB

1 0f the 189# any way is in my driveway..hopefully will be at the paint shop by weds..
    FUGITIVE RECOVER/CHEATING SPOUSE/SKIP TRACE/STALKER

Quote Originally Posted by Propless View Post
    Newbie question, what hull is this ? Looking at all the circle boat pics I've noticed some slight differences in shape. Some (like this one) have an angle at the cap line while most are rounded.
    It's a "little Biesemeyer". Boat Builder Julian Pettingill acquired the Biesemeyer name around 1970. His first effort at a competition minded flatbottom was what we refer to ass the "long Deck" flatbottom. See exhibit A.

A.

Next Came the "ski deck" flatbottom which had a wider cockpit and a raised cap rail. See Exhibit B.

B.

Exhibit C is the traditional race boat that Julian Called the "Race Deck". These are the most popular as well as most produced. Built from from 75-79. The side deck is a little rounded compared to the long deck boat and the cap isn't as sharp either.

C.

Lastly was the "Little boat" or "Lil Biesemeyer". These were a little narrow in the transom and had the cap edges.

When Julian sold the Lil Biesemeyer molds, the new manufacturer coined a new name "Bezer". It's amazing how many people don't realize a bezer is an actual boat and not just an abbreviated name for Biesemeyer.

Eventually a guy back east splashed the Bezer and added a t deck calling them Temptations.

The race deck boat was copied first by G.A.S. (Goettel, Anderson, Steel). These boats became the Revenge hulls and they added a front to back deck rib as well as a ledge to the top of the dash.

D'Cucci boats then copied the Revenge and made the deck a "t" or cut-a-way deck along the way.

There are other splashes but I'll stop here.
    Last edited by Sharp shooter; 06-08-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Thank you for the history lesson. I had an idea it might be the Bezer style hull, but wasn't sure.

Curious, are there any differences between a race deck Biesemeyer and the Daytona ? I've looked at my Daytona compared to a race deck and cant find any noticeable difference but I didn't pull out a tape measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Propless View Post
    Thank you for the history lesson. I had an idea it might be the Bezer style hull, but wasn't sure.

Curious, are there any differences between a race deck Biesemeyer and the Daytona ? I've looked at my Daytona compared to a race deck and cant find any noticeable difference but I didn't pull out a tape measure.
    Bob Long (Sundown Marine) built the Daytona's (using cheap labor) from Julian's original race deck molds (minus the 3rd piece). Bob got the molds from Bill Moore who got them from Julian. Almost all Daytona circle boats I know of have suffered from some sort of floor delamination.

BJM is Bill Moore's initials.

Bob Long in Black America II painted by Billy B.

Thank you again for the explanation. I've heard rumors/stories about the Daytonas, some said they came from real Biesemeyer molds, some said its a splash. Thanks for clearing that up.

I've heard and been warned the same thing about the floors. I checked the floors on mine from underneath and its still solid and original. But that's just because its never been in the water. Stringers are a different story. I fully believe the "cheap labor" comment, the deck on mine is so wavy its sad. Must have been a reject out of the molds. Probably why it sat around all these years and never got fully rigged.

of course the best looking one is the red long deck followed by the d,cucci t-deck then the race deck.daytonas/revenges then bezers..ski decks r the hardest to sell..i had 2 complete less motor only got 4k and 3800 for them...oh thats just ol mouzers 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by mouzer View Post
    of course the best looking one is the red long deck followed by the d,cucci t-deck then the race deck.daytonas/revenges then bezers..ski decks r the hardest to sell..i had 2 complete less motor only got 4k and 3800 for them...oh thats just ol mouzers 2 cents
    Best looking is for Queens, those are supposed to be race boats and the best race boats are ribbed for her pleasure!

mine could run K class no problem...........theres a couple long deck k.s out there they just shortened the deck for safty so there legs arent under the dash.......and changed the name to race deck...cmon

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Bob Long (Sundown Marine) built the Daytona's (using cheap labor) from Julian's original race deck molds (minus the 3rd piece). Bob got the molds from Bill Moore who got them from Julian. Almost all Daytona circle boats I know of have suffered from some sort of floor delamination.

BJM is Bill Moore's initials.

Bob Long in Black America II painted by Billy B.
    k-211 had a big part under the motor that was all delamed, a stringer that was coming up, gunnels that looked like potato chips and a bad bulk head, but its all better now
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Doing the same for the old SK51. It had some delam problems, lay-up problems and bubbles that went all the way down to the gelcoat.