Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Economy - your take

At the risk of crossing our quasi non-political unwritten posting rules (lol), I thought it might be interesting to poll some disposable income spenders to see how you feel about our economy today.

Personally my primary business is busier than ever. I am forecasting our largest year ever, both in terms of revenue and income. Since 99% of our customers are Fortune 500 or Furtune 200 companies, our experience might be a little skewed. We did however see a fairly significant drop in revenue in 2010 and 2011. 2012 was somewhat flat. 2013 is going to be off the charts. And interestingly enough we have backlog for 2014'. Only one way to explain that, bizarre. But I'm not complaining.

However, thinking about a record year doesn't necessarily make me want to go out and spend a ton of dough on another something I probably dont need. I'm almost in that, lets wait and see what happens next year, mode. 2013, if it continues to do well, will more than likely be a replenishing year for me.

From my fairly narrow perspective, I do see things somewhat improving.

What do you see??

Poverty Sucks is what I see......

The Economy - your take

Revenue is trending up at the company I work for, but since we are in Life Sciences only up 4% from last year.

Business is good, but most of my staff are worried about expense reduction and don't feel that they have job security like they have in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    From my fairly narrow perspective, I do see things somewhat improving.

What do you see??
    I have a fairly macro perspective of many companies in many sectors. I can talk about this stuff for days......just not right now when I'm home. NCIS is coming on in a few minutes and it will take me some time to type my answer if I get around to it. I'll find this thread soon enough though when I'm sittin at my desk.

The Economy - your take

We are on par with both companies I'm involved with to smash last years numbers. As well as trending the same for future months. One busines is hvac and the other is oil distribution. The growth we are seeing has been nice but has been stated earlier. I'm not out spending any money just yet.

board member discounts available

www.dynamicairservices.com

Use the code "hotboat" for a 15% discount
    For Lucas oil products visit......www.mysinthetix.com

Quote Originally Posted by stoker22405 View Post
    Poverty Sucks is what I see......
    Hows the burger bussness treating you??? City life is good.Dont do anything but watch the grass grow and collect a pay check
    RIP to my friend Greg "FULL THROTTLE" Fuller

From New Years to Memorial is traditionally the slowest for me.

Last week, my biggest week to date and Saturday I broke the single day production record up 1500 units to 7500. However, the general feel from everyone is there's a monster in the closet. The most recent spending is projected (by my customers) as tax return money that will be presumably less for most people by next year. Retail is still flat but that usually doesn't come around until grilling season.

Are they getting it while it's hot or are the belt tighteners just loosening a strap?

Quote Originally Posted by Cigalert View Post

Are they getting it while it's hot or are the belt tighteners just loosening a strap?
    The M&A people will tell you phat money peeps are sick of sitting on their dough and are looking to gobble up companies at record high valuations.

I'm still waiting for that phone call

Quote Originally Posted by Cigalert View Post

A pretty easy pulse check is, check out your favorite restaurant on a Fri or Sat night. We hit 3 last Friday and had a hell of a time getting a table. Waits were longer than 1hr.

6mos-1yr ago there were no waits.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    The M&A people will tell you phat money peeps are sick of sitting on their dough and are looking to gobble up companies at record high valuations.

I'm still waiting for that phone call
    I've seen it happen. I personally lost three customers last year due to sales of their companies. They weren't cheap either. From my previous employer, the IB/VC side was hummin!