Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast
    A Fishing Story
    The king wanted to go fishing. He called on the royal weather forecaster and inquired as to the weather forecast for the next few hours.
    The weatherman assured him that there was no chance of rain in the coming days, So the king went fishing with his wife, the queen. On the way he met a farmer on his donkey.
    Upon seeing the king the farmer said, "Your Majesty, you should return to the palace! In just a short time I expect a huge amount of rain to fall in this area."
    The king was polite and considerate, he replied: "I hold the palace meteorologist in high regard. He is an extensively educated and experienced professional. And besides, I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very different forecast. I trust him."
    So the king continued on his way. However, a short time later a torrential rain fell from the sky. The King and Queen were totally soaked and their entourage chuckled upon seeing them in such a shameful condition.
    Furious, the king returned to the palace and gave the order to fire the professional. Then he summoned the farmer and offered him the prestigious and high paying role of royal forecaster.
    The farmer said, "Your Majesty, I do not know anything about forecasting. I obtain my information from my donkey. If I see my donkey's ears drooping, it means with certainty that it will rain."
    So the king hired the donkey.
    And thus began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in the government and occupy its highest and most influential positions. The practice is unbroken to this day and the democrat symbol was born.
    The best things in life aren't things!

A Texan stopped at a local restaurant following a day of touring Mexico.
    While sipping his tequila, he noticed a sizzling, scrumptious looking platter being served at the next table. Not only did it look good, the smell was wonderful.
    He asked the waiter, 'What is that you just served?'
    The waiter replied, 'Ah senor, you have excellent taste! Those are called Cojones de Toro, bull's testicles from the bull fight this morning. A delicacy!'
    The cowboy said, 'What the heck, bring me an order.'
    The waiter replied, 'I am so sorry senor. There is only one serving per day because there is only one bull fight each morning. If you come early and place your order, we will be sure to save you this delicacy.'
    The next morning, the cowboy returned, placed his order, and that evening was served the one and only special delicacy of the day. After a few bites, inspecting his platter, he called to the waiter and said, 'These are delicious, but they are much, much smaller than the ones I saw you serve yesterday.'
    The waiter shrugged his shoulders and replied, "Si, Senor. Sometimes the bull wins."

A young Arab boy asks his father, "What is that weird hat you are wearing?"
    The father said, "Why, it's a 'chechia' because in the desert it protects our heads from the intense heat of the sun."
    "And what is this type of clothing that you are wearing?" asked the young man.
    "It's a 'djbellah' because in the desert it is very hot and it protects the body," said the father.
    The son asked, "And what about those ugly shoes on your feet?"
    His father replied, "These are 'babouches' which keep us from burning our feet from hot sand in the desert."
    "So tell me then," added the boy.
    "Yes, my son?"
    "Why are you living in Dearborn Michigan and still wearing all this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    The father said, "Why, it's a 'chechia' because in the desert it protects our heads from the intense heat of the sun."
    "It's a 'djbellah' because in the desert it is very hot and it protects the body," said the father.
    His father replied, "These are 'babouches' which keep us from burning our feet from hot sand in the desert."
    "Yes, my son?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    "Yes, my son?"
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

While golfing down in Florida this past January, I had a small accident on the course. I took a quick turn to avoid hit-ting a chuck hole, and accidentally overturned my golf cart.
    A very beautiful and attractive golfer, who lived right there on the edge of the golf course, heard the noise, came running out of her villa and shouted, "Are you okay?"
    As I looked up I noticed she was wearing only a silky see through bath robe which was partially open, revealing what appeared to be a VERY nice figure.
    "I'm okay I think," I replied as I pulled myself out from under the twisted cart.
    She said, " Please follow me to my villa so I can clean and bandage that nasty scrape on your head, then you can rest a while, and I'll help you upright the cart later.”
    "That's mighty nice of you," I answered, but I don't think my wife will like me doing that!
    "Oh, come on now," she insisted. " We need to see if you have any more scrapes and treat them".
    Well, after all, she was really pretty, and very, very persuasive. Being sort of shaken and weak, I finally agreed, but repeated, "I'm sure my wife won't like this."
    We walked to her place just a 100 yards away, and after a couple of Scotch and waters and the bandaging, I thanked her and said, "I feel a lot better now, but I know my wife is going to be really upset, so I'd better go now."
    "Don't be silly!" she said with a smile, letting her robe fall even more open. "Stay for a while. She won't know anything, and by the way, where is she?"
    I replied, "Still under the cart, I guess."

On their way to get married, a young Catholic couple are involved in a fatal car accident.
    The couple found themselves sitting outside the Pearly Gates waiting for St. Peter to process them into Heaven. While waiting, they began to wonder: Could they possibly get married in Heaven?
    When St. Peter showed up, they asked him. St. Peter said, "I don't know. This is the first time anyone has asked. Let me go find out,'" and he left.
    The couple sat and waited, and waited. Two months passed and the couple were still waiting.
    While waiting, they began to wonder what would happen if their marriage didn't work out; could you get a divorce in heaven?
    After yet another month, St. Peter finally returned, looking somewhat bedraggled. "Yes," he informed the couple, "You can get married in Heaven."
    "Great!" said the couple, "But we were just wondering, what if things don't work out? Could we also get a divorce in Heaven?"
    St. Peter, red-faced with anger, slammed his clipboard onto the ground.
    "What's wrong?" asked the frightened couple.
    "OH, COME ON!," St. Peter shouted, "It took me three months to find a priest up here! Do you have any idea how long it'll take me to find a lawyer?"

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    While golfing down in Florida this past January, I had a small accident on the course. I took a quick turn to avoid hit-ting a chuck hole, and accidentally overturned my golf cart.
    A very beautiful and attractive golfer, who lived right there on the edge of the golf course, heard the noise, came running out of her villa and shouted, "Are you okay?"
    As I looked up I noticed she was wearing only a silky see through bath robe which was partially open, revealing what appeared to be a VERY nice figure.
    "I'm okay I think," I replied as I pulled myself out from under the twisted cart.
    She said, " Please follow me to my villa so I can clean and bandage that nasty scrape on your head, then you can rest a while, and I'll help you upright the cart later.”
    "That's mighty nice of you," I answered, but I don't think my wife will like me doing that!
    "Oh, come on now," she insisted. " We need to see if you have any more scrapes and treat them".
    Well, after all, she was really pretty, and very, very persuasive. Being sort of shaken and weak, I finally agreed, but repeated, "I'm sure my wife won't like this."
    We walked to her place just a 100 yards away, and after a couple of Scotch and waters and the bandaging, I thanked her and said, "I feel a lot better now, but I know my wife is going to be really upset, so I'd better go now."
    "Don't be silly!" she said with a smile, letting her robe fall even more open. "Stay for a while. She won't know anything, and by the way, where is she?"
    I replied, "Still under the cart, I guess."
    ahahahhaahahah
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

On their way to get married, a young Catholic couple are involved in a fatal car accident.
    The couple found themselves sitting outside the Pearly Gates waiting for St. Peter to process them into Heaven. While waiting, they began to wonder: Could they possibly get married in Heaven?
    When St. Peter showed up, they asked him. St. Peter said, "I don't know. This is the first time anyone has asked. Let me go find out,'" and he left.
    The couple sat and waited, and waited. Two months passed and the couple were still waiting.
    While waiting, they began to wonder what would happen if their marriage didn't work out; could you get a divorce in heaven?
    After yet another month, St. Peter finally returned, looking somewhat bedraggled. "Yes," he informed the couple, "You can get married in Heaven."
    "Great!" said the couple, "But we were just wondering, what if things don't work out? Could we also get a divorce in Heaven?"
    St. Peter, red-faced with anger, slammed his clipboard onto the ground.
    "What's wrong?" asked the frightened couple.
    "OH, COME ON!," St. Peter shouted, "It took me three months to find a priest up here! Do you have any idea how long it'll take me to find a lawyer?"
    omg too funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Father Norton woke up Sunday morning and realizing it was an exceptionally beautiful and sunny early spring day, decided he just had to play golf.
    So... he told the Associate Pastor that he was feeling sick and persuaded him to say Mass for him that day.
    As soon as the Associate Pastor left the room, Father Norton headed out of town to a golf course about forty miles away.
    This way he knew he wouldn't accidentally meet anyone he knew from his parish. Setting up on the first tee, he was alone. After all, it was Sunday morning and everyone else was in church!
    At about this time, Saint Peter leaned over to the Lord while looking down from the heavens and exclaimed, "You're not going to let him get away with this, are you?"
    The Lord sighed, and said, "No, I guess not."
    Just then Father Norton hit the ball and it shot straight towards the pin, dropping just short of it, rolled up and fell into the hole.
    IT WAS A 420 YARD HOLE IN ONE!
    St. Peter was astonished. He looked at the Lord and asked, "Why did you let him do that?"
    The Lord smiled and replied, "Who's he going to tell?"