1. Top 5 of show from the Miami Boat Show-My take

0 Comments by GotHalos Published on 03-11-2013 11:32 AM
    Well, the Miami Boat Show has come and gone and we are happy to have had the opportunity to provide you with coverage of the show. Let me start off by saying the Miami Show is MASSIVE. The show takes course over the better part of 5 days, on and off the water. There is a good reason the show draws more than 100,000 people from all over the world. If you have the time and resources available to ever attend the show, it is another must do.

Last year powerboat sales increased by +/- 10% according to the National Marine Manufacturers Association and they are already predicting somewhere in the same neighborhood for this year. This is great news for anyone associated with the marine industry. The Miami Show is the hub for all manufacturers unveiling new models to the public. From DCB to MTI, Miami is where you go to be seen. I wanted to try something new for this show go around, so here goes nothing. Let's break down the top 5 "boats" with hotboat.com.

On with the pictures.

#5- Statement Marine

It is obvious why this Florida based manufacturer won the "best of show" for the entire boat show. I know, I know, this is supposed to be top 5 "boats" from the show and not manufacturers, but Statement had so much going on it is impossible to single out just one of their many 5 star boats. Their 42' "Invitation Only" Statement is really a work of art. From the "air-ride" cockpit

to the twin Mercury 1100's, the 42' monster is setting the bar on the East Coast.

I also wanted to point out their attention to detail is second to none in the industry. Just take a look at the styling of the hinge in this picture, no further comment necessary.

For more on this boat you can catch it in the new movie "Pain and Gain" according to Statement Marine. The movie is starring Mark Wahlberg to be released April, 26.

Statement also unveiled its new monster 50' "Stray Cat"

Fully equipped with twin Mercury 1350's.

Once again, the interior on these boats is out of this world. The crew in South Florida is taking luxury on the water to a whole new level!

Statement also has the CC market covered. Here is a look at a very nicely equipped 35'er.

Again, take note of the interior of this boat, keep in mind this is in a CC. Setting the bar, once again.

Unfortunately, I regret to say somehow our pictures of the new 368 SUV Crossover got lost. This boat was unveiled Thursday and it is absolutely perfect, in my opinion. The 368 Crossover features triple Mercury 300 Verados, a sun pad, bathroom and exquisite teak styling.

#4- Dave's Custom Boats M41

By now you have probably seen multiple pictures and reviews of the newest creation from the crew based out of California. Their "display" wasn't anything over the top but the boat certainly spoke for itself. The trip to Miami for the DCB crew was a chance to unveil the boat to the east coast crowd, something not a lot of west coast builders do. The M-41 certainly held its own in the Miami Marina and the buzz around the boat was great to see.

What's not to like?

The boat features twin Mercury Racing 1350's.

Got screens?

DCB has once again stepped up their game and is setup to certainly make their mark on the east coast.

#3 Outerlimits SV29

The SV29 is one of the newest creations to come out of the Rhode Island based manufacturer. The first SV29 put up very respectable numbers of 100+ with a single 600sci. The styling of this v is off the charts. I am a big fan of the blue and orange with carbon accents. As far as I know there aren't any boats that come to mind with the same colorway.

I am a big fan of the Sparco steering wheel in this boat. I know it is a minor detail but it's the small things that make this boat stand out. It gives it a "race" sort of feel in a pleasure boat. Also, the styling and configuration of the dash is here is one of the best looking setups I've seen to date. The use of standard gauges perfectly offsets the screen and adds a nice touch, something different.

The boat also features a custom suede interior with a full stereo.

All in all, one of my favorite boats at the show.

#2-Tie!
    MTI, 38' and 52' Cats/38' Top Gun Electrified by AMG

The Missouri based Marine Technology Inc. showed up to Miami with two new cats, both of which were absolute show stoppers. The 38' boat nicknamed "Project Mayhem" is powered by twin Mercury 1100's. The colorway on this boat is stunning. It's not overwhelming or too flashy, and it let's the "flow" of the boat speak for itself. Less talk, more pictures.

This is a brilliant feature. Not only does it give you access to the cabin/storage below, but now you can blast your favorite tunes when you pull up to the local hot spot. You don't see this very often in a high performance cat, and I applaud MTI for doing something different.

The design just screams "speed"!

Complete with rear stereo control.

The interior speaks for itself.

Massive screens give you an all eyes on deck approach to monitoring everything you need to know.

Also unveiled at the show, was the new 52' "Black Diamond"

Although this boat is a little over the top, if that's even possible? It is truly a work of art. Once you get over the sheer size of this monster you will realize how much detail and thought went into the making of it. Powered by twin Mercury 1350's, even this monster has no problem cruising at a comfortable pace.

I think the best part of this beast is the interior. It seats 6 people very comfortably. Here is a quick video I made off of one of the displays they had as it was very hard to see into the boat the way they had it setup. Enjoy.

#2 Continued- Cigarette,AMG 38' Top Gun

Cigarette and AMG have recently teamed up to once again; blow what you may have thought not possible, away. This 42’ Cigarette Huntress is powered by 12 electric motors that generate a whopping 1,654 kW, or 2,200 horsepower.

The boat is inspired by SLS AMG Electric Drive, which is the fastest production electric car in existence.

The boat has four onboard batteries that can be charged in about 7 hours.

Although the boat is still just a concept, it has the firepower to change the performance boat world as we know. However much you may or may not like that, change is upon us.

Let’s just say I’m a big fan of the color scheme on the boat and an even bigger fan of the SLS. Sure, who wouldn’t rather listen to the grunt of 2,200 horsepower coming from 8 or 16, cylinders? The fact is, AMG and Cigarette have teamed up to push the envelope, to change what we once thought was impossible, to perhaps, change the world of boating as we know it.

This boat really deserves its own article, something I'll hopefully get to later.

So there you have it, my top 2-5 (#1 coming soon), what are your top 5 from the Miami show?

Thank you for reading! And for my number 1, I give you this:

Ferrari steering wheel.

Last edited by GotHalos; 03-11-2013 at 07:54 PM.

2. Total Comments 0

Comments