Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

**** Feeler ****

Im starting to get back into sketching and im just curious if there is any interest in having portrait style drawings of you and your boat done...i dont have much of a portfolio built up any more to show my work but im getting there...i have a couple drawings started and will post pics once they are finished.

As far as pricing gos it would all depend on the size and how intricate the picture is that you want done...

Again this is just a feeler to see if there is any interest...I think that these could make great gifts for fathers day and birthday type occasions...easy shopping for those who really have a passion for their boat

Here are a couple of older drawings of mine...The first i did while i was in afghanistan with a bic mechanical pencil in 2009 and the second isnt a boat but i did it with better quality pencils on better paper...these are pictures of the drawings with a crappy camera (i dont have a scanner right now) so they are loosing a little quality compared to how they look in person...

If youre a performance boater that supports our troops then come check out the Mad Minute Racing Face Book gorup.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/493351710715413/

**** Feeler ****

Nice work!
    CH3NO2

Strathmore heavy board with a velum finish is fantastic for pencil work and Staedtler pencils are the best I've used (I've tried everything). Also, electric erasers are key when doing pencil work on board....it gets messy.

Any work in progress pics of boats?

I Love the top one!!!

Good work! I wish I could draw half as good.

thanks for the kind words...its been quite a while since ive picked up a pencil so im doing a couple of these drawings for some friends just to get back into practice...its slow going just because im picky and i dont want to give someone a drawing that im not happy with. once i get a little further into the works in progress ill post up a pic or two of them....right now its mostly just light line work with some light shading in the "highlight" areas...i got medically retired out of the army late last year and i now have nothing but time on my hands (never thought id complain about that..lol)... im going stir crazy! if i do start selling these they will be very reasonably priced...im not trying to get rich or anything...i guess its something to keep me from going nuts sitting here doing nothing and if it'll help me put a little gas in the boat here and there it'd all be worth it to me...

If youre a performance boater that supports our troops then come check out the Mad Minute Racing Face Book gorup.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/493351710715413/

Re: **** Feeler ****

That is awesome. Thank you for your service btw. Keep up the good work!

**** Feeler ****

Yes, Thank you for your service!
    CH3NO2

Hey guys thanks for the support ...I wish I could of stayed in for my 20+ yrs but unfortunately it didn't work out that way...it is what it is and now I'm just doing my thing and trying to make the best of life.

I've made a little progress on one of the drawings and ill try to post up a pic or two shortly ...hopefully my pace will increase as I get back into practice ...for now I'm taking my time and working on it here and there...if I feel like I'm having to force the drawing at all I walk away and let it mellow until whatever I'm trying to do feels natural ....anyway ill try to have at least one of these knocked out soon so y'all can see...taker easy

Shaun

Nice work.