Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    #2 Continued- Cigarette,AMG 38' Top Gun

Cigarette and AMG have recently teamed up to once again; blow what you may have thought not possible, away. This 42’ Cigarette Huntress is powered by 12 electric motors that generate a whopping 1,654 kW, or 2,200 horsepower.

The boat is inspired by SLS AMG Electric Drive, which is the fastest production electric car in existence.

The boat has four onboard batteries that can be charged in about 7 hours.

Although the boat is still just a concept, it has the firepower to change the performance boat world as we know. However much you may or may not like that, change is upon us.

Let’s just say I’m a big fan of the color scheme on the boat and an even bigger fan of the SLS. Sure, who wouldn’t rather listen to the grunt of 2,200 horsepower coming from 8 or 16, cylinders? The fact is, AMG and Cigarette have teamed up to push the envelope, to change what we once thought was impossible, to perhaps, change the world of boating as we know it.

This boat really deserves its own article, something I'll hopefully get to later.

So there you have it, my top 2-5 (#1 coming soon), what are your top 5 from the Miami show?
    Last edited by GotHalos; 02-19-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Kinda curious about the AMG electric powered boat. Have they actually water tested it? What kind of top end did they get? How many hours of actual running time did they get before they recharge it?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Kinda curious about the AMG electric powered boat. Have they actually water tested it? What kind of top end did they get? How many hours of actual running time did they get before they recharge it?
    As far as I know they have, with speeds of 100+. Waiting to hear back on other numbers, will update as soon as I do (if I do). Word is, there is an option to upgrade to two more chargers for a total recharge time somewhere near 4 hours. It will be interesting to find out run times, etc.

Where are the batteries? Size? Any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Where are the batteries? Size? Any pics?
    The batteries are situated low in the rear of the hull, that's all I know.

Here is a picture of the battery pack in the SLS.

WMC
    Great Job Gothalos

Again Thanks !! Great Job!!

Thank you for reading! And for my number 1, I give you this:

Ferrari steering wheel.