Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    WMC

Re: Eddie's 26 Daytona

Looks good

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Unforgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by 26redline View Post
    Love the project except for the MMW I had the all billet one with less HP, drive is fast, but I got tired of being in the "Every 40hr, 5,000.00 Drive club", 10,000 a summer for blown bravo "MMW" drives got to be a pain, went with the IMCO SCX problem solved, was not impressed, went through clutch shafts every 35 to 40hrs and it didn't matter if I ran the snot out of it are babied her go to get on plane...and "BOOM"
    so the results with the scx are the same? or your no longer having issues?..Dustin is going with the new SCX on his 25 daytona..I was going to see how his works before we make any changes..Max machine does make a good drive..we're hoping to stay with a 30 to 32 prop for normal usage..but for the shootout i'm going for a 34 or 36...plan is to have the drive serviced right after Desert Storm..

WMC

Re: Eddie's 26 Daytona

Paging Hotboat..... I believe he had a MMW went SCX then back to MMW

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Eddie's 26 Daytona

Yes but the DCB bottom is a little different. It may work on a Daytona. Did not work on my boat at all.

Eddie already has the drive so we are going to give it a shot. I agree the xr internals will be on borrowed time from day one but MMW keeps saying it will be fine. I'm going to an scx on my personal boat. If it lives for me it will live for anybody and I will be their biggest salesman. Eddie won't drive this boat to hard so hopefully he will be fine with the MMW.

Wow. There was like 5 responses to this thread in the time it took me to type mine. 1100 lb\ft of torque will break every drive I have tried. The ones I build included. I haven't tried the scx so I can't comment on that. Keep the power under a 1000 and they live. There is a reason Mercury goes to the NXT at 700 hp. They aren't as hard headed as the rest of us.

Gauges are in and wired. Waiting for new controls and some anodized parts.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  77.2 KB
    Gimbal is back on the boat with the new imco inner transom plate. And water pickups are installed and trimmed in the sponsons.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  73.5 KB
    Going to mock up motor mounts tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    so the results with the scx are the same? or your no longer having issues?..Dustin is going with the new SCX on his 25 daytona..I was going to see how his works before we make any changes..Max machine does make a good drive..we're hoping to stay with a 30 to 32 prop for normal usage..but for the shootout i'm going for a 34 or 36...plan is to have the drive serviced right after Desert Storm..
    Once I changed to the SCX/SC lower only issues I had were the lower gears, but only on gear change in 2 years, verses 2 clutch shafts and gears every summer, went with SCX-4 this past season, ran the snot out of it, no issues what so ever sent to IMCO torn down all gears looked great still went with a gear change to be safe, I love the drive, and Dave takes care of me, with the MMW they always let me know how great of a deal I was getting when it blew up, put it this way they were charging me 600 bucks for a clutch shaft, wasn't anything special, could have got two from Bob, for that price, I honestly wouldn't recommend the MMW for one the price, I paid for the all Billet was in the 16K range in 2008, far better choice to go with the IMCO IMO if you go with the -4 in a single engine application you must install a torque tab, unless you are going to run the 1 7/16th shaft with a bravo style prop, IMCO actually started casting the lowers with the torque tab already on the skeg because all of us RPM guys are running the SCX-4, it works on the DCB's to Tony had to call and find out how we were making ours run straight when they did the 1350/M8 combo on the 29'. Here are a few pics of the one I installed, I have another lower with the torque tab cast on it, Wilson's in Florida just blueprinted it and it is back at IMCO geting installed can't wait to see the improvement this makes...stay tunned
    Attached Images Attached Images      

26 Redline, for clarification how much higher is your prop shaft with the SCX-4 verses where it was with the SCX/SC combo. Does it put the lower 4" higher? If so that long skeg must keep the boat from crabbing?
    Appeciate all of your post and your ability to be the first when it comes to schucking out the bucks on these drive combo's and finding what works with the bigger power you run.

Joel