Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TMorf View Post
    Burned through about 30 feet of wiring today. All that's left is the ECU, starter, battery cables for the second Optima. Gauges aren't wired either but I need a sending unit or two... Almost there, got everything needed to mount the C4 besides another set of hands haha.

Where it all began:

No more keyed ignition, full race:

LED strip for the dome light:

GPS, Eagle aka Lowrance:

Brake, amber and blue light special:

Very cool!! That aint no joke, thats a ton of work. Looks good. I didnt see any pics of that Gothalos character helping out? Get his ass over there and get him dirty!!

Re: Sportsman Class Race Ranger Build

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Very cool!! That aint no joke, thats a ton of work. Looks good. I didnt see any pics of that Gothalos character helping out? Get his ass over there and get him dirty!!
    Rewiring everything from the fuel cell forward is easily the most time consuming thing of this build. I think that GotHalos is too busy at the river now that its heating up haha.
    Champagne Motorsports

Not too much to report about from this weekend. Had to call it quits early so I could make the Stadium Super Trucks race up in LA on Saturday night. All in all, SST was super cool and worth the money if you have a chance to check it out and Im sure Mickey Thompson would be proud. I know this month they are in SD at Qualcomm and Im gonna try to make the May 18th race for sure.

Anyways, we got the fuel cell back in after cleaning it up, hooked up the freshly cleaned fuel lines and double checked all the connections on the new motor were good to go and tossed 5 gallons in the cell to check for leaks. Looked it up and down from the motor back and it wasnt leaking a drop, fuel pump was working without issue etc, until we got to the cell. Since the truck is running EFI, it has a return line back to the cell. Lo and behold the fitting for the return on the cell was stripped out and seeping a bit of fuel. Going to have to take the cell apart again and replace it. Figured its a good time to swap out the vent line too since its way too small to fill the cell with a dumpcan and backs up. One step forward, two steps back. Besides that I got a bit more wiring done and laid everything out on the dash with the tried and true blue painters tape and sharpie method.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    We try Vic!

Not much left to do. Got the trans in with the Camburg mounting plate and all new grade 8 hardware. Need some thicker wire to run from the alternator over to the starter and crimp 4 connections and the pile should start up.

Still need a second trans cooler because the small bellhousing on the C4 likes to get the fluid real hot. Two HUGE Griffin coolers should handle it no problem. After that rebuild the shocks, needs balljoints for the beams and a quick once over and this thing will be ready for testing. No real plans next year but it should be good to go for 2014 when we arent busy with school and save our beer money. :-)
    Champagne Motorsports

Got the truck running this Saturday. Definitely a little perkier than a stock 4.0 with the tune and sounds solid with no leaks anywhere. Plumbing time!
    Champagne Motorsports

Seats are in after some dash trimming. Getting some mounts for the race radio and ECU made this week. Everything else we need is bookmarked until Im done bending over for textbooks like the radiator plumbing etc.

Champagne Motorsports

Havent made much progress in the last month or two. New shifter arrived a couple weeks ago and the mounts for the radio and intercom are about done. Need to order all the plumbing goodies, get new driveshafts made and rebuild/revalve the shocks.
    Champagne Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by TMorf View Post
    Havent made much progress in the last month or two. New shifter arrived a couple weeks ago and the mounts for the radio and intercom are about done. Need to order all the plumbing goodies, get new driveshafts made and rebuild/revalve the shocks.
    Parker 425 is calling

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    Parker 425 is calling
    About that... haha. At least we have the ultimate set of tools to prep with now. Ill try to find a pic but my dad is a retired Toyota master tech and gave me his aviation size cart and top box 90% full of tools plus a 33 gallon compressor.
    Champagne Motorsports