Thread: Torrey Pines

Torrey Pines

Lookin good for Tiger this weekend. Anybody here every play Torrey? I've played all over the Unites States as well as abroad but never played this course in my back yard. From what I once read, it's the only public course that turns a profit and subsidises others.....

WMC

Re: Torrey Pines

Yes Tiger is looking good

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Torrey Pines

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Lookin good for Tiger this weekend. Anybody here every play Torrey? I've played all over the Unites States as well as abroad but never played this course in my back yard. From what I once read, it's the only public course that turns a profit and subsidises others.....
    Correct. However very hard to get tee times and not as cheap as you think. Due to lack of tee times, I have never played it.

Spent the day watching...cool how the paragliders interacted when Tiger chipped that one in
    The shot around the tree just before that was awesome
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    Correct. However very hard to get tee times and not as cheap as you think. Due to lack of tee times, I have never played it.
    Gotta stay at one of the local hotels down there. They book the times. Either that or sleep in the car and get the walk on times prior to reservations starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Spent the day watching...cool how the paragliders interacted when Tiger chipped that one in
    The shot around the tree just before that was awesome
    I have that same shot in my repetoir. I don't even need a tree in front of me to slice it like that!

Only been to Torrey Pines for the Concours d' Elegance.

Back when I use to play golf I use to play it every couple of months. I really do not remember the details, but on Wednesday there was some deal if you showed up at 7 or so. They would put you on a list and usually an hour or so they would call your name to go play. I use to live 2 miles away in Carmel Valley, so it was easy to just run over and get our names on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post

I have that same shot in my repetoir. I don't even need a tree in front of me to slice it like that!
    Well then we would be best off riding in the same cart:duh:
    Hard to believe how close people want to be on those kind of shots, like the one he just did on the 9th....crazy
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Hard to believe how close people want to be on those kind of shots, like the one he just did on the 9th....crazy
    Agreed. Even a pro mis-hits sometimes. Maybe they think it will be a payday if Tiger slices the ball into their forehead.