Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    What are we looking at here?

Sent from my Bat Cave
    It's a manifold for combining 8 pipes on the steam generator we are working on. Boilermakers are doing the piping(not our trade), it was too nice a piece of work not to snap a picture of. However it probably took two fitters and a laborer a couple days to build it lol.
    These guys have it made, they get lots of breaks and their company has to provide them an air conditioned lunch/break facility.
    Ultimately this system will produce 5 megawatts of electricity.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    It's a manifold for combining 8 pipes on the steam generator we are working on. Boilermakers are doing the piping(not our trade), it was too nice a piece of work not to snap a picture of. However it probably took two fitters and a laborer a couple days to build it lol.
    These guys have it made, they get lots of breaks and their company has to provide them an air conditioned lunch/break facility.

CH3NO2
    👍

Sent from my Bat Cave

CH3NO2
    It's cute lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CH3NO2
    If it took 24 man hours to make that manifold someone should be fired. My welder does these all day long and only take 3-4 hrs.

I brought lunch for my crew. :0)...

Name:  20140516_114826.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  45.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Bear View Post

WTF is that?

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegoose1 View Post
    WTF is that?
    LOL.... Pulled pork.... :0)....
    CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?!?... :0D...
    http://youtu.be/SvQKEvYW8QU

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Bear View Post

Is that BBQ pulled pork? Love that food!

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby V View Post
    If it took 24 man hours to make that manifold someone should be fired. My welder does these all day long and only take 3-4 hrs.
    I was joking, not sure how long it took them. It is a work of art if you appreciate this kind of art. They are welding a bunch of 2.375 pipe together with a coating on it that resembles a rich deep blue like a gun barrel. The welds have to take place in a tent so it stays sterile so to speak. They wear nitrile gloves and change every piece of pipe touched. The pipe has a "condom" on it for protection from the elements. That has to stay on till it is housed in a steel and glass receiver.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2