Page 52 of 560 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Post the last picture you took on your phone

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    Sorry dude. I've been slacking on taking a bunch of pics lately. lol

Here's a couple from a few trips back...

Attachment 12586Attachment 12587
    Nice 1st mate NGE!!
    CH3NO2

Burley super stock main waiting for the green flag.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by SS/PS 5 View Post
    Yup that's Shirley's old boat
    It's definitely a nice looking ride!

Tonight's run. This has become my new favorite route. Now time to ice my shitty knee.

Name:  photo_1.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  50.1 KB

Post the last picture you took on your phone

Nosebleed action 🙈Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372216750.127505.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  79.2 KB

Tonight's run. This has become my new favorite route. Now time to ice my shitty knee.

Name:  photo_1.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  50.1 KB
    How do you make running enjoyable? I try and run once a week but I find it completely mundane and mind numbing. I cant seem to find a way to enjoy it. Even with my iPod, I just cant get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    How do you make running enjoyable? I try and run once a week but I find it completely mundane and mind numbing. I cant seem to find a way to enjoy it. Even with my iPod, I just cant get into it.
    Try running along something different like along the beach, a beach trail or wilderness trail or the like. Don't run the same course all the time. I try and change it up so it doesn't get boring and makes it more challenging but that is just me.

I run the same route weekly...
    that way I can compare times.
    FORCES my sluggish self to move my a$$ along.
    Neighbors, traffic, wildlife in the area etc. change it up.
    RSCHAP1

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    I really don't know why I like it. I ran cross country in high school because I girl I liked did! LOL

I'll tell ya what though, it really helps me deal with stress. When I run (even with music playing) my mind is clear and I can think of how to sort out events in life rather than trying to do that on a couch watching television. Last night I was trying to decide whether to hit the gym or run, I chose running because it was rush hour at the gym and I hate waiting for machines or weights.

Quote Originally Posted by kevnmcd View Post
    Try running along something different like along the beach, a beach trail or wilderness trail or the like. Don't run the same course all the time. I try and change it up so it doesn't get boring and makes it more challenging but that is just me.
    I agree! When I used to live in the SGV/IE, I'd usually run in Claremont as there's a lot of cool trails to run there. One of my favorites was the 5 mile loop on a weekday. I also enjoyed running around Puddingstone. I heard they charge for parking at the Loop. A bunch of people are pissed about that but I think it's a great idea. Keep all the dummies out of there.

I try not to run on busy streets, because I hate waiting at red lights or constantly looking out for cars. I enjoy running so much more now that I moved back towards the beach. Not to mention it's a good 15-20 degrees cooler here!

I ran a charity 5k out in Chino a few weeks ago with a bunch of co-workers for a church one of them attends. It felt pretty good passing up 16 year old kids. lol

Name:  997021_10200863750572801_844339488_n.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  55.5 KB

Then we went for Bloody Mary's after at Rosco's in Chino Hills!@

Name:  995578_10151716045238343_680106884_n.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  96.5 KB
    Last edited by niceguyeddie; 06-26-2013 at 12:38 PM.

I really don't know why I like it. I ran cross country in high school because I girl I liked did! LOL

I'll tell ya what though, it really helps me deal with stress. When I run (even with music playing) my mind is clear and I can think of how to sort out events in life rather than trying to do that on a couch watching television. Last night I was trying to decide whether to hit the gym or run, I chose running because it was rush hour at the gym and I hate waiting for machines or weights.

I agree! When I used to live in the SGV/IE, I'd usually run in Claremont as there's a lot of cool trails to run there. One of my favorites was the 5 mile loop on a weekday. I also enjoyed running around Puddingstone. I heard they charge for parking at the Loop. A bunch of people are pissed about that but I think it's a great idea. Keep all the dummies out of there.

I try not to run on busy streets, because I hate waiting at red lights or constantly looking out for cars. I enjoy running so much more now that I moved back towards the beach. Not to mention it's a good 15-20 degrees cooler here!

I ran a charity 5k out in Chino a few weeks ago with a bunch of co-workers for a church one of them attends. It felt pretty good passing up 16 year old kids. lol

Name:  997021_10200863750572801_844339488_n.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  55.5 KB

Then we went for Bloody Mary's after at Rosco's in Chino Hills!@

Name:  995578_10151716045238343_680106884_n.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  96.5 KB
    I know exactly where the loop is, I take the dog to walk there...Ok, now running that is just crazy with all the hills...Jogging on flat land is hard enough for me as it is. I jog at 5am on the streets so there is nothing but houses....BORING....
    I will say this, running does get easier for me when I am in like a meditated type of state. Where I am so far/deep in thought that I forget I am even running. I need to learn to get to that state of mind faster and every time I jog I guess.