Page 492 of 560 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 5598
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    Someone up the food chain wanted a new trans row set up. Moved some K rails and positioned a new 5 high to run it. One of our crane mechanics was tasked with moving it into position, which was a good thing. When he got to the end of the row the frame work got too close to the high tension leads for our cold ironing. That's why the k rails were there. The mechanic said he heard a buzzing noise and then noticed a brilliant blue flame coming from all the wheels. He knew then he was in trouble. He didn't move from that seat for 3hrs. Turns out those lines run 66,000vlts and an arc jumped 15' to the machine. No one was hurt, not even the machine. We're glad it wasn't a longie in it. He might've tried exiting it and gotten himself vaporized.

Oath Keeper
    Holy shit.

Post the last picture you took on your phone

What day last week did this happen? We had a power outage I think Wednesday or Thursday right after lunch. Lasted a couple hours. Not sure if it was related.

What's funny is he's a new guy. Been here 2 months. He was LE and his family wanted him to do something safer. So he went back to school and got a job here. I laughed in his face when he said this job was safer. He said when the wheels were burning he thought about me laughing at him and remembered what I said "everything here wants to kill you. It won't hurt you or make you mad, it'll kill you and not care and there's nothing you can do to fight back". He didn't tell his wife about this little mishap.

Oath Keeper

Post the last picture you took on your phone

Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    What's funny is he's a new guy. Been here 2 months. He was LE and his family wanted him to do something safer. So he went back to school and got a job here. I laughed in his face when he said this job was safer. He said when the wheels were burning he thought about me laughing at him and remembered what I said "everything here wants to kill you. It won't hurt you or make you mad, it'll kill you and not care and there's nothing you can do to fight back". He didn't tell his wife about this little mishap.

Oath Keeper
    You're right. Accidents around every corner. Lots of close calls. I've got stories for days.

Me too. Some I tell my wife, but most I don't. It's better that way.

Oath Keeper

So everyone can enjoy this conversation, here's the equipment we're talking about.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubbe...d_gantry_crane

Oath Keeper

This is what djunkie drives. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419321943.450386.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  129.3 KB

Oath Keeper

#3. That's mine. Lol
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419322848.129212.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  48.6 KB

We know, you guys drive forklifts LOL

Land of 10,000 .......................... fLakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I'm not sure...I'm contemplating if I'm sticking it in the oven or on the grill.

It's a blend of herbs. I've made it a few times and it's always a hit. It looks gross before it's cooked but the green all becomes a crispy layer of delicious.

Sent from my Bat Cave...
    Thanx for the recipe!
    Posted from my Etch A Sketch