Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FYI i took several attempts to post I was getting the you do not have permission dealio ....

Vidal Check Stop

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    FYI i took several attempts to post I was getting the you do not have permission dealio ....
    I know Mitch. Believe me I know.

It is being addressed I can assure you. I get the same error. Very frustrating.

Wendi

Vidal Check Stop

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    What their really after is the bottle of Fireball under The passenger seat !
    ITs in my coffee cup

The Border Protection/Inspection Stations at Vidal Junction and Needles might not be so much fun in the very near future, especially for boaters heading from Havasu or Parker coming back into California. Expect a significant ramp-up in invasive species (quagga mussel) inspections on all boats and trailers. Be sure and travel with the drain plugs out (if not, a citation can be written with a fine attached). Also, need to make sure that the boat and trailer are dry (no water anywhere) and that things like anchors, water toys, ski ropes, etc. are clean. If the inspection station finds a 'mussel' hitch-hiking on your boat or trailer, you will be pulled into "secondary" (this means the inspection station will blast your boat and trailer with a hot water (about 180 degree) pressure wash. This could mean up to a 1 to 2 hour delay in your travel time. In mid-February the Lake Havasu Marine Association will start distributing invasive species "stickers" to be attached to the tongue area of your trailer with information about the proper protocol to clean your boat and eliminate mussels. Although these "stickers" won't prevent you from being inspected at the stations, they are suppose to expedite potential inspection delays. It might be worth getting one if it puts you on a fast track.

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Havasuing View Post
    The Border Protection/Inspection Stations at Vidal Junction and Needles might not be so much fun in the very near future, especially for boaters heading from Havasu or Parker coming back into California. Expect a significant ramp-up in invasive species (quagga mussel) inspections on all boats and trailers. Be sure and travel with the drain plugs out (if not, a citation can be written with a fine attached). Also, need to make sure that the boat and trailer are dry (no water anywhere) and that things like anchors, water toys, ski ropes, etc. are clean. If the inspection station finds a 'mussel' hitch-hiking on your boat or trailer, you will be pulled into "secondary" (this means the inspection station will blast your boat and trailer with a hot water (about 180 degree) pressure wash. This could mean up to a 1 to 2 hour delay in your travel time. In mid-February the Lake Havasu Marine Association will start distributing invasive species "stickers" to be attached to the tongue area of your trailer with information about the proper protocol to clean your boat and eliminate mussels. Although these "stickers" won't prevent you from being inspected at the stations, they are suppose to expedite potential inspection delays. It might be worth getting one if it puts you on a fast track.
    I'm so glad I store my boat in Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Havasuing View Post
    With all the routes around the check points, you have to wonder if they make any difference.

I wondered earlier when they will start to watch those routes but didn't want to bring attention to it.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I wondered earlier when they will start to watch those routes but didn't want to bring attention to it.
    I dont think they will the California side of the lower river south of Agnes Wilson is unchecked its also a heavy traveled route by truckers coming from Vegas / Boulder Nevada , they also miss the scales going that way . They got you in Vidal going lower river theres to many right hand turns to police it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Ag check, ok I get that but why are they really there?

"Hi where are you coming from?" How does that stop illegal produce from entering the state?
    Yep. It's never been about the Fruit.

I answered wrong at the Check point on Highway 8 many years back. They tore my motor home apart and treated me like total shit.

Just so you know the answer is not "From the end of this fucking line of cars."

Quote Originally Posted by OCMerrill View Post
    Yep. It's never been about the Fruit.

I answered wrong at the Check point on Highway 8 many years back. They tore my motor home apart and treated me like total shit.

Just so you know the answer is not "From the end of this fucking line of cars."
    Troubleseeker