Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Wendi

I had Lasik about 4 years ago.

My close up vision is going, it sucks!!! What a waste of money.

awww sorry to hear that. I don't need glasses, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    My dad had it done. I thought the doctors tell you it only lasts 5-8 years?

My fiance had it done 12+ years ago and her eyes are still going 100%...She paid like 10k when it first was new....Keeping my fingers crossed.

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by rivergames View Post
    My dad had it done. I thought the doctors tell you it only lasts 5-8 years?
    Hell no they didn't. I would never have wasted that kind of money for that short of a timeline without googles. 10 years yes, but not 4-5. I just use my handy dandy magnifying glass!

WMC better get that fixed quickly before you realize what he looks like!

Glad you posted this, I am considering it myself. Are you farsighted(cant read close)? Right now I wear contacts and glasses at work.
    CH3NO2

My vision ...unlike the rest of me ...is perfect, but during law school my eyes were so strained from reading I had to wear reading glasses :(
    It eventually corrected itself. I don't even wear sunglasses. I can't imagine when I'm gonna have to carry around a pair of glasses to read a menu :(

Sent from my Bat Cave

Hell no they didn't. I would never have wasted that kind of money for that short of a timeline without googles. 10 years yes, but not 4-5. I just use my handy dandy magnifying glass!
    All I know is that I used to be scared shitless If I was in his car at night. He had glasses on but still had a hard time seeing. I haven't been freaked out driving with him since he got the surgery

Wendi
    I got the Lasik because I couldn't see far away. And as Rivergames stated, like his dad, while driving I would miss streets and my night vision was not so good. Having the Lasik fixed that, but immediately took away my close up vision, therefore I had to wear reading glasses for about 4 months. Doctor said while doing the Lasik my pupils kept moving. After that everything was good and I was satisfied but never did achieve 20/20 vision. I'm sure it has to do with looking at my phone all the time and straining my eyes. But it just sucks because I think I may have to get some reading googles in the near future to compensate.