Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Www.hotboat.com - sold

Yes you read that correctly. The website has been sold. The new owners have committed to keep things pretty much the same as they have been since I brought the site back to life in 2012. Hard to believe its been that long.

Its been an amazing journey and I am very grateful to all of those who have contributed to the site over these past almost 4 years, I cannot thank you enough.

The transfer will take several weeks and hopefully will be transparent to all of you.

This is not something I wanted to do, but under the circumstances it was something that had to be done.

I have committed to stick around for awhile (where else am I going to go lol), and hopefully they will let me keep my screen name. I have also committed to continue to cover boating events, races, shows, etc. as I have done over the past 4 years (maybe I'll actually get paid now).

My only regret is not having the time or money to make this iconic website great again. Hopefully Broadview & our new President will be able to accomplish that. (I'm kinda looking forward to not having to be PC anymore hahaha)

The new owners may or may not introduce themselves, as I mentioned, they wish to be fairly transparent. I can't tell you how the moderator thing is going to work, but I'm sure in the near future this will all be discussed.

I wish Broadview the best of luck and look forward to remaining a part of this website for years to come.

Thank you all once again.

Vic
    Last edited by HB Vic; 09-08-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    WOW, kudos HB... Please be sure to stick around and keep us in touch with Catalina/Berth 55/Parker goings on...

THanks so much for the years of comeradery/friendship/support of the races...

I think it's GREAT, the level of interest/support you have shown over the years to the circle races/drag boat races...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    WOW, kudos HB... Please be sure to stick around and keep us in touch with Catalina/Berth 55/Parker goings on...

THanks so much for the years of comeradery/friendship/support of the races...

I think it's GREAT, the level of interest/support you have shown over the years to the circle races/drag boat races...
    Bittersweet really. Thank you for the kind words and for being a good friend. I'm not going anywhere, I doubt I'd be welcome anywhere else anyway lol. Hope to see you in October with my other bodyguard lol

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Bittersweet really. Thank you for the kind words and for being a good friend. I'm not going anywhere, I doubt I'd be welcome anywhere else anyway lol. Hope to see you in October with my other bodyguard lol
    I will know by Saturday or Sunday if things went well and IF I will be up to heading out for the races...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

What? Wow didn't see that coming. Best of luck and wishes always! Glad you're sticking around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    28_SportCat

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rah View Post
    What? Wow didn't see that coming. Best of luck and wishes always! Glad you're sticking around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Its been in the works for awhile, just didn't advertise it lol.

Like I said, bittersweet because I did not want to get rid of it. Unfortunately there are people out there who are taking pleasure in this. To them I say, pound sand, you'll get yours eventually LOL

Hopefully the new Inn keepers will spruce up the place a little. Maybe hang some new curtains, polish the knobs on the sinks and maybe throw some cash around and stir up some action.

Holy Shit I just saw this......
    Sorry to hear this but glad you will be sticking around...
    Hoping the new owners/moderators are as cool as you were/are.

Still looking forward to all the pics you take at the events you cover!
    Cheers!

glad you're not going anywhere, Vic! Some people! Grrrrrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, if they won't let you keep your screen name, you can always go with Vicboat...........................have fun on you next adventure.

I hope they come on and give us an idea what's in store for the site.

Thanks guys. Fortunately the new people are extremely cool and want me to hang around for awhile, actually, it was a requirement but I don't want to go anywhere anyway, so it worked out.

Kind of the best of both worlds for me. I had to sell it, but I get to stay. That probably pisses someone off, but who cares LOL