Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Couple of other boats I though were very interesting... Name:  DSC_1656.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  140.2 KBName:  DSC_1687.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  108.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Few more shots of Mixed Emotions. Attachment 21164

Come on guys. Look at the back of these two boats and tell me they are the same.
    Dead flat cav plate on the parker boat, tunnel/runner with 2 level cav plate assembly on the D&H.
    Lines on the D&H that are so hard you could cut yourself on them, compared to the roundness of the parker boat.
    Virtually no rear deck on the D&H, and the Parker boat has close 18 inches of rear deck
    The D&H has an outboard rudder because it damn near has to, the Parker boat has the rudder under it.

The only thing this boat has with the D&H is the name.
    Last edited by gn7; 10-07-2013 at 04:32 PM.

I never said they were the same

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Now you compare the lines of this boat (different deck) with the ones from the show, and the ones above of the Woodpecker, and I think you will see the boat at the show is not a D&H. The owner wouldn't be the first person that thinks his boat is something other that what it is.

There isn't a curve anywhere on D&H. It is by far the angular boat ever made. Everything on the boat at the show is a curve.
    The boat at parker is BADDAZZ, and I never said that about a D&H. EVER!

Bob, I am not trying to argue with you, all I know is what the owner told me.

The flat at the Pirates this weekend is a flat bottom boat, the Woodpecker and Mixed Emotions were both D&H Sleds or what was referred to as a step style hydro.

The owner claims it to be a '68 D&H flat. I have no reason to not believe him as he was a neighbor of Ted and Vi Phillips and bought this boat from Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post

Come on guys. Look at the back of these two boats and tell me they are the same.
    Dead flat cav plate on the parker boat, tunnel/runner with 2 level cav plate assembly on the D&H.
    Lines on the D&H that are so hard you could cut yourself on them, compared to the roundness of the parker boat.
    Virtually no rear deck on the D&H, and the Parker boat has close 18 inches of rear deck
    The D&H has an outboard rudder because it damn near has to, the Parker boat has the rudder under it.

The only thing this boat has with the D&H is the name.
    Bob, how much do you know about the D&H Sled? I only know of three that were made.

I am not comparing the sled to a flat. The photo of Ted Phillips boat was only used as a hint to the identity of the boat in question.

WMC
    Name:  168.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  72.5 KBName:  487.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  83.0 KBName:  490.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  115.7 KBName:  492.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  57.2 KBName:  170.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  92.4 KBName:  179.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  118.7 KBName:  182.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  81.8 KBName:  218.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  96.0 KBName:  482.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  83.2 KBName:  483.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  76.4 KBName:  485.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  75.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Bob, how much do you know about the D&H Sled? I only know of three that were made.

I am not comparing the sled to a flat. The photo of Ted Phillips boat was only used as a hint to the identity of the boat in question.
    I only know of the two posted.
    I have never seen a D&H that looked anything like the boat at Parker. If it is a D&H, there has to be as few of them than there was the sleds.

Fact that the Parker boat has "In memory of Ted Phillips" on the dash, plus you posting a pic of the drag boat would tend to lead one to think it was the Mixed Emotions D&H drag boat.
    Last edited by gn7; 10-07-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Found another memory card and more pics, lol. Here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images                  

Few more...
    Attached Images Attached Images     

More great pictures