Hybrid View

Thanks again SS, the induction in the action pic is an Enderle hat on top of a tunnel ram - it worked really well and was incredibly responsive. As far as our accomplishments, it helped a lot to have a dad with 20 years experience running flats! He always had it set up to perfection and my 2 brothers put in a ton of work to make it all happen, I couldn't have done any of it without them for sure!

The paint in the pics looks much better than real life lol! Between all of the road rash from being drug all over to the races and serving as a shelf for the interim owner, she needs a paint job too but that can wait till after I get to drive it again! BTW, the orange sticker on the dash is the tech inspection sticker from the last race we attended at the end of the 99 season. It was still on there when I picked up the boat, too cool!

Not sure why the last few attachments didn't work, they showed up when I made the post. I'll try to fix them.
    Last edited by OhHondoGT; 05-13-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OhHondoGT View Post
    Thanks again SS, the induction in the action pic is an Enderle hat on top of a tunnel ram - it worked really well and was incredibly responsive. As far as our accomplishments, it helped a lot to have a dad with 20 years experience running flats! He always had it set up to perfection and my 2 brothers put in a ton of work to make it all happen, I couldn't have done any of it without them for sure!

The paint in the pics looks much better than real life lol! Between all of the road rash from being drug all over to the races and serving as a shelf for the interim owner, she needs a paint job too but that can wait till after I get to drive it again! BTW, the orange sticker on the dash is the tech inspection sticker from the last race we attended at the end of the 99 season. It was still on there when I picked up the boat, too cool!

Not sure why the last few attachments didn't work, they showed up when I made the post. I'll try to fix them.
    Ok I see those 2 pics now!

Looking good! How much of a runner is under your boat? Is it the normal 5/8ths? Looks shallow in that last pic...

What color are you thinking for the hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Ok I see those 2 pics now!

Looking good! How much of a runner is under your boat? Is it the normal 5/8ths? Looks shallow in that last pic...

What color are you thinking for the hardware?
    It's actually the smaller 3/8" runner, it is a great boat to drive and takes a nice set.

Not sure about hardware color just yet, I look at a lot of pics trying to decide lol. What's your vote?

It's actually the smaller 3/8" runner, it is a great boat to drive and takes a nice set.

Not sure about hardware color just yet, I look at a lot of pics trying to decide lol. What's your vote?
    That's interesting. I've never seen a 3/8th runner with anything but a straight deck much less the bubble T aka GT deck.

2manymustangs and I love ford power so we're chomping at the bit over this.

Check out 6:13 in this video. The boat is a Cole with a 600 inch Ford. It runs 120.

Can you fill a newb in on what flow coating is?

Finishing coat of clear or am I way off?

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    Can you fill a newb in on what flow coating is?

Finishing coat of clear or am I way off?
    Nope you're right on, it's the final layer of clear coat that is self leveling for a smooth, deep finish. It also provides UV resistance for the resins underneath so they don't yellow.

Nope you're right on, it's the final layer of clear coat that is self leveling for a smooth, deep finish. It also provides UV resistance for the resins underneath so they don't yellow.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    That's interesting. I've never seen a 3/8th runner with anything but a straight deck much less the bubble T aka GT deck.

2manymustangs and I love ford power so we're chomping at the bit over this.

Check out 6:13 in this video. The boat is a Cole with a 600 inch Ford. It runs 120.
    Now that you mention it, I have never seen another GT Hondo with the smaller runner bottom. Every other GT deck I've ever seen had the deeper 5/8" runner. Thanks for the video, that Cole hauls the mail!

Glad to hear there's a few Ford fans in this crowd, I'm going to do my best to make it run well.