Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ceviche

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Go with this one for more of a meal and the other one for an appetizer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's done and fantastic, I made adjustments for my taste and scaled the amount WAY back from C-2's version... I will adjust the salt/pepper in the AM... AND Jordy just gave me an idea of what is missing...

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    Spent about that much on some full on basura blanca green chile lobster mac and cheese ones. Picked up some HUGE tails that totaled about $60 on their own (Phoenix) and they were about the size of my arm, some green chiles that were fresh roasted, on the grill with the lobster tails, a couple of boxes of blue box mac and cheese, a good bottle of tequila (for lobster flavor, and our flavor) and bang.
    ^^^ thank you, that is exactly what this needs, a good pinch of smoky chipotle powder to go with the minced seranos that I put in... ^^^

I use about 3/4 lb of minced shrimp and 3/4 lb of minced chunk crab meat, 2 avacados, one puree'd and one minced, 1/2 cucumber puredd- 1/2 minced, one red bell pepper, one big sweet onion, cilantro, 4 roma tomatoes along with the rest of the chunky ingredients and lemon/lime juice... salt/peppa/garlique'
    Outstanding flava!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 05-24-2015 at 12:38 PM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

No pictures??

Exactly HB ....worthless without pics lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    No pictures??

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Exactly HB ....worthless without pics lol

Okkkkkkkkk, give me a few...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

WOW, the Chipotle powder on top is the shizzy!!!!!!!!!!

I really like the puree avacado/cucumber in this... Makes a nice sweet base...

Name:  ceviche.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  82.7 KB

I added another 1/2 lb of shrimp, 1/2 lb of crab meat and 1 more diced avacado, more lime & lemon juice...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 05-24-2015 at 01:00 PM.

Ok that looks delicious!!

Thanks much to Djunkie and C-2 for the input and ideas...

This was a big hit and really is outstanding...

I think that Jordy's SMOKED peppers was just "Gilding the Lilly" but exactly what it needed... I added chipotle powder which was absolutely what it needed the smokey heat... IMHO...

I ended up with 4 large roma tomatoes, 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, 1 lb of crab meat, equal parts lemon and lime juice to taste, 1/3 cup Heintz catsup, 3 firm avacados, 1 large english cucumber, one large sweet white onion, 6-7 decent sized serrano peppers, pickled jalapeno juice, garlic, salt/pepper to taste, one large bunch of cillantro... I may have forgot something...

At any rate this would be a great taco filling on some nice hot tortillas...

Maybe could use one more tomato and less cucumber...

Dang, you be modding everything for sure. Now I have something new to try!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only two things in life that make it worth livin' - is guitars that tune good, and firm feelin' women -Waylon

I made a batch a while back...cocktail and mango salsa...

The cocktail got out of control and I had to transfer it into a 5-gallon food grade bucket. Had it for days...as did the relatives and neighbors

Name:  654.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  77.1 KBName:  655.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  58.3 KBName:  651.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  58.3 KBName:  648.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  85.7 KB
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only two things in life that make it worth livin' - is guitars that tune good, and firm feelin' women -Waylon

Quote Originally Posted by C-2 View Post
    I made a batch a while back...cocktail and mango salsa...

The cocktail got out of control and I had to transfer it into a 5-gallon food grade bucket. Had it for days...as did the relatives and neighbors
    WOW, that looks good... Even with the extra lemon/lime juice mine was still sweet, presumably from all of the cucumber... I would think the mango would make it very sweet...

I had to scale mine WAYYYYYY back so I didn't end up with a 5 gallon bucket...

I think that using cocktail sauce (catsup and pure ground horseradish) would be good, is that what you used in this version???