Page 105 of 116 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1157
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    My wife used to have a job where she worked 3-12's (Tue-Wed-Thurs) and got paid for 40...........Every week was a 4 day weekend, boy those were the days!!
    I have a job where they allow me to work 5-12's per week and get paid for 40!

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    I have a job where they allow me to work 5-12's per week and get paid for 40!
    What a freakin' slacker........the last 5 years I had a "Job" it was 16 hours a day 5 days a week, 5 hours a day on the other 2..........Sheeezzz...... you kids today are soft

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

What a freakin' slacker........the last 5 years I had a "Job" it was 16 hours a day 5 days a week, 5 hours a day on the other 2..........Sheeezzz...... you kids today are soft
    Sometimes I wish I had a job where when I went home I could turn my brain off. That would be nice but they generally don't pay well. Always thinking about the next sale. First loan signing of the year happening this morning.

Being at work or away from work doesn't change much for me. In fact, at times I would prefer to be at work for the simple fact that when I'm home, I'm not really home. So it doesn't matter if its 4-6 or 16hrs.

When payroll hits 6 figures and the first digit isn't a 1, 3-4am is a motherfucker the day before the cash has to be in the bank.

I've emptied my pockets, wallet , piggy bank, credit cards, and every possible place I could find buck more than once before. And I'm sure I'll have to do it again. Some people just don't realize what you go through to keep shit floating. Especially when you make it look easy

At times I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Being at work or away from work doesn't change much for me. In fact, at times I would prefer to be at work for the simple fact that when I'm home, I'm not really home. So it doesn't matter if its 4-6 or 16hrs.

When payroll hits 6 figures and the first digit isn't a 1, 3-4am is a motherfucker the day before the cash has to be in the bank.

I've emptied my pockets, wallet , piggy bank, credit cards, and every possible place I could find buck more than once before. And I'm sure I'll have to do it again. Some people just don't realize what you go through to keep shit floating. Especially when you make it look easy

You know.......I used to try and explain this to the Corporate Wienies I worked with who thought they knew everything about everything

I couldn't agree with you more on this one Vic........to this day I can still remember (at 30) waking up in a cold sweat at 3:30AM knowing we had a $400K payroll that day and knowing there's only $250K in the bank you can't understand what owning and running a business is all about until you've lived through one of these........The responsibility for so many other people's families is a heavy burden and not one understood by a lot of folks who think they really understand business

Livin' the Dream

paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

A business line of credit attached to your payroll account and used only for that purpose. It doesn't make it perfect, but it gives you breathing room.

Sent from my Batmobile...the Batcave is being renovated.

You know.......I used to try and explain this to the Corporate Wienies I worked with who thought they knew everything about everything

I couldn't agree with you more on this one Vic........to this day I can still remember (at 30) waking up in a cold sweat at 3:30AM knowing we had a $400K payroll that day and knowing there's only $250K in the bank you can't understand what owning and running a business is all about until you've lived through one of these........The responsibility for so many other people's families is a heavy burden and not one understood by a lot of folks who think they really understand business
    Its like having 30 mortgages on your back LOL.

I've only had a handful of people ever come in to my office and say "thank you" for doing what no one else wants to do. Its a thankless job for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    A business line of credit attached to your payroll account and used only for that purpose. It doesn't make it perfect, but it gives you breathing room.

Sent from my Batmobile...the Batcave is being renovated.
    In my world labor is paid out every 7 days or so. When DSO, because the Fortune companies are struggling (LMFAO) and force the little guys to sign Net 45 or for a very large local muni, Net 60+ (really LMFAO) terms, a 7 digit line of credit doesn't go far.

In my world labor is paid out every 7 days or so. When DSO, because the Fortune companies are struggling (LMFAO) and force the little guys to sign Net 45 or for a very large local muni, Net 60+ (really LMFAO) terms, a 7 digit line of credit doesn't go far.
    And on top of that the reality of "Well your invoice was incorrect so we'll have to re-submit for payment" and other various BS can take those DSO numbers out even further.

When Dell was a public company they were bragging about how they were getting paid 21 - 23 days before they were paying suppliers. This actually drove their stock price much higher telling the story until suppliers finally told them to Fuck Off. Their deal was 45 days ROI (receipt of invoice), unfortunately they ONLY received invoices on the 15th of the month so that was 60 days on average (do the math) and if you happened to miss a cut-off date or had an invoice error you had to get in line again on the 15th.............our AR with them averaged 100+ days and we finally told them that we couldn't afford to do business with them anymore, unfortunately there's always someone else blinded by the sheer numbers on the top line and making a revenue number until they realize that they are becoming little more than indentured servants in the whole scheme of things!!

Damn I'm happy to be retired

Livin' the Dream

paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

And on top of that the reality of "Well your invoice was incorrect so we'll have to re-submit for payment" and other various BS can take those DSO numbers out even further.

When Dell was a public company they were bragging about how they were getting paid 21 - 23 days before they were paying suppliers. This actually drove their stock price much higher telling the story until suppliers finally told them to Fuck Off. Their deal was 45 days ROI (receipt of invoice), unfortunately they ONLY received invoices on the 15th of the month so that was 60 days on average (do the math) and if you happened to miss a cut-off date or had an invoice error you had to get in line again on the 15th.............our AR with them averaged 100+ days and we finally told them that we couldn't afford to do business with them anymore, unfortunately there's always someone else blinded by the sheer numbers on the top line and making a revenue number until they realize that they are becoming little more than indentured servants in the whole scheme of things!!

Damn I'm happy to be retired
    At times I miss working for a Fortune company. Pretty much exactly what I do now, except I didn't have to worry about money. We called it monopoly money. Everything was sent to one location for payment, it was like magic. And I was incentivized on DSO, so I sent proforma invoices out early, usually 10-15 days early. So my DSO was around 20 days. I was the DSO king in my district LOL. Playing with monopoly money was fun and a lot less stressful.

But I still wouldn't trade it for what I'm doing now. I love punishment LOL

........The responsibility for so many other people's families is a heavy burden and not one understood by a lot of folks who think they really understand business
    They're the same numbnuts that think they need to tell you how to run your biz too.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement: