Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Name:  DSC_1680.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  89.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Done? You make it sound like they go home after 5 laps.... What about testing, heats, semi's and the final? And keep in mind that many of the GN boats aren't running the entire race at "full" throttle.

I'm not saying your point is wrong, but give the other classes a little more credit.
    No, no, no, no, I didn't mean it like that at all... No DISrespect for the K's or SS/PS or cracker class is meant in any way...

It's just that the GNs are my fave and partially due to the abuse that they endure and the water conditions that they can run in...

Watching TY and Robbie in the SS shootout of the century at Long Beach, gunnel to gunnel lap after lap, two years ago was like poetry in motion, The crazily overpowered K's are amazing and wild... BUT the GNs and the conditions they endure are amazing to me...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 11-28-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Hey Bruce, when I switched my video hobby to a business in 1997 my first paying client was Bob Devine. Robbie won both races that day and in the weeks after Bob proceeded to bootleg and distribute videos to the rest of the GN teams. I was well known quickly because of it.

Here's that video.

Hey Bruce, when I switched my video hobby to a business in 1997 my first paying client was Bob Devine. Robbie won both races that day and in the weeks after Bob proceeded to bootleg and distribute videos to the rest of the GN teams. I was well known quickly because of it.

Here's that video.
    Nice... Ole Robbie looked YOUNG, I guess we all looked younger 16 years ago...

That #13 boat looked like a scary ride in the second heat up to the point when he broke down...

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Nice... Ole Robbie looked YOUNG, I guess we all looked younger 16 years ago...

That #13 boat looked like a scary ride in the second heat up to the point when he broke down...
    That was the late Lance Faulkner in Kenny Wilcoxsons boat.

That was the late Lance Faulkner in Kenny Wilcoxsons boat.
    Wow, either Lance had his hands full OR he was letting it all hang out...

I was out there at that time next door, actually I started going to Seal Beach/LB in the mid 80's... I had no idea that was going on right next door...

The second plat of the Spinaker Bay subdivision wasn't started yet and my inlaws were in their first house near the side enterance to the stadium on that side... They eventually moved to the far end near the rowing center around 2002... I used to sit and drink my morning coffee outside the rowing center every morning but had no clue that the circle races were going in the stadium... We were all wrapped up in the ski races and used to patrol/crowd control at the opening in the federal breakwater... There are alot of folks that USED TO drive/run their boat in the Catalina race living in Spinaker Bay... Most are retired from that scene now...

Heath Herbert April 2013
    Name:  heath parker 2013.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  39.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Heath Herbert April 2013
    Name:  heath parker 2013.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  39.0 KB

You had to work fast to get that picture Jerry. Danny Ryan in his one and only GN race. Long Beach 2006. Blew the engine big time about the 5th lap of first race Saturday and never raced again.
    Rule #1, never bring a knife to a gun fight.