Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    WESTERNAERO
    How to change the oil in your boat.
    Step 1. Remove drain plug from boat
    Step 2. Drive to the freeway on-ramp and pull over before entering the freeway
    Step 3. Remove oil pan drain plug
    Step 4. Quickly get on the freeway
    Step 5. Accelerate, decelerate, accelerate, decelerate until all the oil has exited the bilge.
    Step 6. Give the finger to anyone who is honking at you
    Step 7. Keep an eye on your mirrors, 1 for coppers, 2 when the traffic has caught back up to you the oil pan is empty.
    Step 8. Go home, put the plug back in the oil pan and pop open a cold one in celebration of a job well done.
    Oh yeah, put oil back in the engine. And don't forget to replace the filter too. What ever you do don't use a Fram, GN7 will shit an ovary.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post

Many of you all don't realize (or care) what was in your own back yard from a history perspective in drag racing... Cool stuff IMHO!!! ...
    Ya think. Try growing up in Culver City with Traco, Isky, Halibrand, Edelbrock, Hedman, Sandy Belond all in your backyard. Like trying to grow up in East LA and not be a crack head.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Don't tell them that!!'

Don't listen to him. Its voodoo black magic stuff and not for amateurs. Its top secret stuff handed down generation to generation. In the wrong hands it can be lethal.
    :p

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    How to change the oil in your boat.
    Step 1. Remove drain plug from boat
    Step 2. Drive to the freeway on-ramp and pull over before entering the freeway
    Step 3. Remove oil pan drain plug
    Step 4. Quickly get on the freeway
    Step 5. Accelerate, decelerate, accelerate, decelerate until all the oil has exited the bilge.
    Step 6. Give the finger to anyone who is honking at you
    Step 7. Keep an eye on your mirrors, 1 for coppers, 2 when the traffic has caught back up to you the oil pan is empty.
    Step 8. Go home, put the plug back in the oil pan and pop open a cold one in celebration of a job well done.
    Oh yeah, put oil back in the engine. And don't forget to replace the filter too. What ever you do don't use a Fram, GN7 will shit an ovary.
    Hope this helps.
    Fram, you can pay me now, or pay me later, but your going to pay me.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Personally for me, I do not know the first thing about engines. Unfortunately, I have to take the boat and car to a shop whenever something needs to be done.

I wish they offered auto shop at my high school lol.

Thinking of taking a class at a local CC to start learning about them. I hate that I have to take the boat in for an oil change or simple services.
    I tried a little DIY project last year and it did not turn out very well lol.

So who here does their own Engine work whether it be boat or car?
    Where did you learn to work on the engine?
    Do you do your own boat maintenance?
    Trust me on this. YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!
    The more you know, the more it costs. You're money ahead not knowing.

WESTERNAERO
    Fram, you can pay me now, or pay me later, but your going to pay me.
    Wasn't it fram you were having a shit fit about? Or was it wix racing?

Don't tell them that!!'

Don't listen to him. Its voodoo black magic stuff and not for amateurs. Its top secret stuff handed down generation to generation. In the wrong hands it can be lethal.
    Good point,, I forgot.

Trust me on this. YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!
    The more you know, the more it costs. You're money ahead not knowing.
    LOL, I hear that.

Im the first generation boater in my family so for me, its def just learning as I go.
    But I do want to learn some things...eventually....

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Wasn't it fram you were having a shit fit about? Or was it wix racing?
    Neither are allowed in my garage, let alone on my boat.
    Wix racing is a great filter, one of the very best, if your name is Rick Hendricks, or Roger Penske and you change your oil every 500 miles. Otherwise, its probably worse than a Fram.

Are you aware this is skirting to be "tech" thread?
    Are you aware there is no "tech" forum here? Like politics, there is a reason for that. So get the posts in fast, and try not to get too "techie" before it gets locked down, or hidden, or deleted, or what ever is they do with prohibited threads.