Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Parker 300

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Oh come on....another deleted post?
    Only until it could be ungrads. Please don't post pics like that. Not something I want to see after eating dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Don't make it sound as though he saved this race or boat racing. It would have happened even if he hadn't stolen the race from the racers that developed it. I would never use the words "jumped in" when it comes to RD and this race. Sounds too much like a "rescue" Far from it.
    How he got the race is really none of my business. I report, I don't organize races, and I have zero interest in doing so. I'll leave that for the professionals. When I said jump in, I meant as in jumping in with both feet. And that he did

There might have been less that the 26 I mentioned. I was going off the claimed 28 entered that was 10 less than the claim a week before the race which fully explains the reluctance to list the entries prior to the race. Which I somewhat figured was the reason. You can't 38 entries and post 28 if there were even that many a week before. I just deducted 2 boats that broke on Friday that didn't make the start from the claimed 28 entries. Was there less than 28 entries or did more than 2 boats break Friday? I don't know and don't really care.

Don't make it sound as though he saved this race or boat racing. It would have happened even if he hadn't stolen the race from the racers that developed it. I would never use the words "jumped in" when it comes to RD and this race. Sounds too much like a "rescue" Far from it.
    When this race goes off next year with GN points, are you going to enter and run the race?

Why didn't it go off as a points race this year? Are they going to change something. Is RD admitting he fucked up with the rules, like the mass start and no handicaps that didn't happen. Are you going to be in the race next year??
    Wasn't one of the so called "bitches" about the 300 the ever changing rules, that never really changed that much? Is RD going to "re write" his master plan? Or write rules on the fly like he did for the restart of this race?
    Since when does a boat that stopped a race allowed to re-enter the race? Is that something they invented on the fly as well? If you are about to go a lap down to a boat in your division you just jump out of the boat so there is a restart and group you all back up. WTF!!!!!
    Why couldn't Teague pit when the race was stopped. Was there something in the rules that said he couldn't?? Where in the rules was that illegal??
    Did they stop boats that where already in the pits from working on them???WHY NOT???
    Last edited by gn7; 10-27-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Parker 300

I think a way to beef up the racer entry number would be to promote more 17-19ft outboard boats. Looking on craigslist for an F3 (ski race boat) boat and they are ranging from 2-5k and over of course. But assuming the hull was sound and the motor was decent you could probably have a fun enduro boat on a budget. Obviously not the fastest but a good way to bring back the "grassroots" vibe to the race. The big boys can still run hard at over a 100 and maybe a few guys can battle it out in the budget class. I just got into ski racing last year and I have a lot to learn about racing but I think there is a lot of hate on outboards when in reality they seem to be a lot more affordable than an inboard boat. And arguably more reliable

Edit:

I realize racing is not about saving pennies but a lower startup cost would be more attractive to newbies
    Last edited by hallett21; 10-27-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Why didn't it go off as a points race this year? Are they going to change something. Is RD admitting he fucked up with the rules, like the mass start and no handicaps that didn't happen. Are you going to be in the race next year??
    Wasn't one of the so called "bitches" about the 300 the ever changing rules, that never really changed that much? Is RD going to "re write" his master plan? Or write rules on the fly like he did for the restart of this race?
    Since when does a boat that stopped a race allowed to re-enter the race? Is that something they invented on the fly as well? If you are about to go a lap down to a boat in your division you just jump out of the boat so there is a restart and group you all back up. WTF!!!!!
    Why couldn't Teague pit when the race was stopped. Was there something in the rules that said he couldn't?? Where in the rules was that illegal??
    Did they stop boats that where already in the pits from working on them???WHY NOT???
    Geeze, I asked one question. (That didn't get answered)

I don't have the answers to your questions and I have not seen the rules. I don't have a dog in this fight and am not swinging on anybody's nuts. I was just wondering what is it going to take to get everybody back on the water for this event?

I would guess that it was too little time to iron out the details to have it be a points race this year. Sounds like the 2 sides where just too far apart. It is sad that there are 2 sides, but it is what it is.

Changes, I would think they are going to try to make the race better. They now have a base knowledge to put to good use.

I don't know what RD is admitting to. Didn't know it was my turn to watch him.

I will not be racing next year, might offer my boat and services in another capacity.

I think the main bitch was about the embezzlement of the prize money, and YES the rules need to be addressed and fixed. Should not be able to wrench under red flag, whether in the water or pits.

What exactly do you mean by promote more 17-19 ft outboards? give special treatment? Who should promote them? The race promoter, or the other guys running 17-19 ft ski outboards?
    I understand what you are saying. just don't understand who you think should be doing this "promoting"

Quote Originally Posted by In Awe View Post
    Geeze, I asked one question. (That didn't get answered)

I don't have the answers to your questions and I have not seen the rules. I don't have a dog in this fight and am not swinging on anybody's nuts. I was just wondering what is it going to take to get everybody back on the water for this event?
    You lost my interest and I stopped reading right here. Tuning people out is something I learned from RD. He is a expert at it.
    Lot of never got our questions answered either. Why are you special. What even makes you entitles to an answer from me or anybody else that did run this race. Like I ask everybody, whats it take to get YOU on the water?
    Not much different than RD did with the boats he claims he wanted in the race, but his mouth proved otherwise. If you think it was just me, I am one boat. Where were the others. Where was last years co winner? The winner before that? Why do you sack swingers continually lay blame on everybody but where the blame lies. Who was the assclown that took on this race claiming he was going to resurrect the days of old? Bring back the glory days. With the worst turn out in the history of the Parker race of any era? But according to the RD faithful, its ALL the boat owners fault? REALLY? You really that brainwashed, or just that stupid. How is the turn anybody's fault but RD's. You ready to blame every boat owner in the USA for not being there?
    He couldn't attract you and the other clingons. Why not? Stop worrying about how he gets my or any other boat on the water and figure out what he did wrong he couldn't get the loyal followers out there. That's the BIG question.
    Last edited by gn7; 10-27-2013 at 10:10 PM.

I mean the veteran racers. Something that I have to credit ski racers with is they seem to be constantly trying to get people into the sport. WOT marine is a great example. They got me into racing and basically said show up ready to ski and we will get you racing. And I was hooked. And I have seen them do it with others as well. They try to get you as passionate about racing as they are. BJ aka Crazy hippy has leant me equipment at multiple races to keep me on the water. As has Justin Hill.

That whole soapbox pertains to one guy skiing behind a boat. In my first races that was built up from completely newbies I'm sure every guy being towed had the same similar story.

And I know that those same people exist in boat racing. The same people that will help turn a wrench to keep you running, lend a prop etc. So I am not trying to put one racer over the other.

I think what happens to a lot of people is they see WOT Nordic Teague Bloodshot etc and say holy crap that's awesome but there's no way I am running the family boat against that, or am I forking out 40k to hang with them. But everyone has to start somewhere so pushing the 17-19 ft outboard boats seems like a good way to tell the masses that while yes you can run a $100k+ boat at the enduro you can also run an avenger with a 150. Of course it's not glamorous but you just added one more guy to the fleet. And hopefully that person stays with the sport and moves up the ladder.

It seems like there should be more focus on bringing in new blood to racing. Just an opinion.

Btw I make no claims in being a expert or even knowledgable about boat racing. Just spitballing ideas.

IMO the promotor did not do enough. I heard about the race on this site and RDP.
    Maybe saw 1 article posted in the Parker Express the Thursday before.
    If you are going to promote it, you do all that is possible to draw the largest crowd and entries.

Did promotions during college and IMO, the promotor leveraged his online network and Teague.
    If you take those away, not much occurred. I was always told do at least 10 things that were not done last time and you did your job.