Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Some of you guys are walking/talking boat racing encyclopedias. Thank you for sharing, very interesting stuff for sure.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post

HISTORY OF K-24

Val Wheeler built 3 of these "team" boats. Not pictured was an identical D' Cucci. The ss boat seen above was at Burley 1994 with I believe Heath Culp at the wheel. Paul Whittington eventually ended up with that boat for a while. The K boat was also Burley '94 and looking at the angle, I must have snapped both pictures from the exact same spot about 50 yards up river of the launch ramp.

The K was driven by Jeff Christensen that weekend. That boat eventually made it's way into the hands of Dan Monson who had his son Corey drive it with a carbureted motor for a little while.

That's Dan on the right.
    Attachment 32017
    Mannnnnnnnnn, SOMEONE has to know who BurleyGirl is.......

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Mannnnnnnnnn, SOMEONE has to know who BurleyGirl is.......
    Stalker!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Stalker!
    The boat pics are KILLER by the way, I added several to my archives...

TY S.S.

Quote Originally Posted by K-034 View Post
    Thanks for the history Jerry, that awsome to know where these boats evolved from
    Yes.. thanks alot Jerry! That was extremely informative and insulting all at the same time....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis View Post
    Yes.. thanks alot Jerry! That was extremely informative and insulting all at the same time....lol
    Hey Steve, is the new mill going together? Whats the status, waiting on any parts?

Hey Steve, is the new mill going together? Whats the status, waiting on any parts?
    Everything is coming together...Gordy will have the engine done in about 2 weeks. Just waiting on the new valves. The v-drive needed some love and just picked that up yesterday. Starting to put things back together this weekend. I would start a facebook page on keeping you all up to date on progress but I fear it would be too VAIN.. hahah.. (I was looking for the appropriate smiley and came across this!! WTF..lol)

Everything is coming together...Gordy will have the engine done in about 2 weeks. Just waiting on the new valves. The v-drive needed some love and just picked that up yesterday. Starting to put things back together this weekend. I would start a facebook page on keeping you all up to date on progress but I fear it would be too VAIN.. hahah.. (I was looking for the appropriate smiley and came across this!! WTF..lol)
    That emoji is for questions like this one:

"hey Bruce, would you ever put a chevy engine in any of your projects???"

Answer: (when monkeys fly out of my ass)

Good to hear she is coming together, I never really knew who did your engine... Now that I think of it, she does have that "GORDO/Pfaff power" sound to her...

P.S. I don't do facebook, here would be better "vanity vanity all is vanity" King Solomon...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 02-01-2014 at 08:56 AM.

That emoji is for questions like this one

"hey Bruce, would you ever put a chevy engine in any of your projects???"

Answer: (when monkeys fly out of my ass)

Good to hear she is coming together, I never really knew who did your engine... Now that I think of it, she does have that "GORDO/Pfaff power" sound to her...
    Best you never attempt racing anything. Losing, even with "style", is still losing. Fords are perfect for towing Chevy powered race boats to the races. Fords are what you used to power the boats use to drive over and watch the Chevys race.

You are getting to be quite the expert there Bruce. Now you I.D. a Pfaff motor, even if its a Chevy, just by listening to it. I am impressed.
    Last edited by gn7; 02-01-2014 at 09:36 AM.

I'll get the A hydro tow boat ready
    Attached Images Attached Images