Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Mango Madness

Check out this video on YouTube:

Oath Keeper

Oath Keeper

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Niceeeeeeeeeeeeee congrats sir...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

First oil change done.

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”

Sweet sweet music

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”

Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    First oil change done.

That stuff is actually cheap compared to the Torco SR-1 some of us use.

Boat sounds great G!

The boat looks amazing! And like SS said, she sounds awesome! Keep the videos coming.
    1981 Bahner

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post

Boat sounds great G!
    Really?!?!? That's $155 worth of Fossil juice. Glad I'm not running that Torco stuff.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post

Boat sounds great G!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton
    Really?!?!? That's $155 worth of Fossil juice. Glad I'm not running that Torco stuff.
    Greg, your mota sounds good!!! What cam are you running???

Here is my question, IS it full synthetic and IF YES, why is synthetic so expensive??? SHouldn't conventionally distilled motor oil be more expensive since it has to come from Iran or Iraq or THe North Sea???

I think that its common to use natural gas to make synthetics but I'm not 100% postitive... I know that the germans made ULTRA clean diesel fuel from natural gas way way back when in war time... I use valvoline full synthetic in my rides and I'm very happy with it for a passenger car oil BUT even that shyt is expensive for regular oil changes...

http://www.synthetic-oil-technology.info/

What is synthetic oil?
    The easiest way to define what synthetic oil is, is to define what it is NOT. Conventional motor oil as we have known it for the last 100 years or so is derived from crude oil that is taken from the earth with oil wells. Through a complex distillation process the crude oil is refined into many different liquids, or fractions, each having distinct characteristics. Some are very light and are used as fuel (gasoline, kerosene, diesel fuel), and some are heavier and are used as lubricants (motor oil, gear lube, grease). There are many molecular compounds present in crude oil and many of those compounds are still present in the refined product, detracting from the physical properties of that product. For instance, paraffinnic waxes are present in crude-based oil, but contribute nothing to the lubricative properties of the oil. Also, the size of the hydrocarbon molecules themselves are non-uniform in crude-based oils. Synthetic oil contains none of these contaminants and the hydrocarbon molecules are very uniform, giving the synthetic oil base better mechanical properties at extreme high and low temperature (see the sections below on physical properties). By contrast, synthetic oil is not distilled from crude oil. It is made through a chemical process known as the Fischer-Tropsch process, starting with raw materials like methane, carbon monoxide, and carbon dioxide. This process was developed by Germany in WWII, when that country's access to crude oil was very limited.

Grades of oil.
    Motor oils are derived from base stocks. That is, a generic oil base is modified with additives to produce a lubricant with the desired properties. A base stock oil with no additives would not perform very well at all. Base stocks are classified by the American Petroleum Institute (API) and fall into one of five categories.

•Group I and II - these are mineral oils derived from crude oil
    •Group III - this is a highly refined mineral oil made through a process called hydrocracking. In North America this group is considered a synthetic oil, for marketing purposes.
    •Group IV - these are true synthetic oils, known as Polyalphaolefin (PAO).
    •Group V - these are synthetic stocks other than PAO's and include esters and other compounds
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

I need to look for the build sheet for cam specs.
    Not synthetic oil. Good old fashioned dinosaur juice.

Here you go Bruce.