Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ceviche

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellCarl View Post
    Really? 2 pounds sounds like a shit-ton.....
    I only know how to make it in big batches. Usually use 2-3lbs of shrimp as well. I don't make it very often cause it ends up costing me like $100 to make it. It gets dispersed among my whole family. They're always bugging me to make it. Funny though, they never wanna pitch in for the cost. 😒😒

Great recipes. Want to change it up a bit, juice a fresh orange or two and add it to the lime and lemon juice.
    “Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ”

― Bluto' Blutarsky in "Animal House"

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    I only know how to make it in big batches. Usually use 2-3lbs of shrimp as well. I don't make it very often cause it ends up costing me like $100 to make it. It gets dispersed among my whole family. They're always bugging me to make it. Funny though, they never wanna pitch in for the cost. ����

Dave, his recipe was calling for 2 pounds of ketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellCarl View Post
    Dave, his recipe was calling for 2 pounds of ketchup.
    I thought you were talking about the shrimp. Nevermind then. No ketchup in my ceviche

I only know how to make it in big batches. Usually use 2-3lbs of shrimp as well. I don't make it very often cause it ends up costing me like $100 to make it. It gets dispersed among my whole family. They're always bugging me to make it. Funny though, they never wanna pitch in for the cost. ����
    Yup, same here, it makes a huge bowl, just like you have, a large stainless bowl.

Cost....let's see

Shrimp is insane right now, I saw it at 18.99 for 21/25. Even then, I chop the cooked shrimp in half. Trust me, shelling 30/40 count shrimp (so you can put them in whole) suck ass; it's easier and quicker to buy them largee and cut them.

So let's figure 2.5 lbs shrimp $47.50
    Large can of clams $7
    Fake crab meat is cheap $6
    6 Avocados $6
    6 Cucumbers $6
    Chilis, all, $3
    Cilantro .79
    Tomatoes $4 for vine ripened
    Onion $1
    Ketchup $3.50
    Lemons would cost you $6/$4.50 for limes, or $3 for bottled lemon juice

$90.79
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only two things in life that make it worth livin' - is guitars that tune good, and firm feelin' women -Waylon

Quote Originally Posted by C-2 View Post
    Yup, same here, it makes a huge bowl, just like you have, a large stainless bowl.

Cost....let's see

Shrimp is insane right now, I saw it at 18.99 for 21/25. Even then, I chop the cooked shrimp in half. Trust me, shelling 30/40 count shrimp (so you can put them in whole) suck ass; it's easier and quicker to buy them largee and cut them.

So let's figure 2.5 lbs shrimp $47.50
    Large can of clams $7
    Fake crab meat is cheap $6
    6 Avocados $6
    6 Cucumbers $6
    Chilis, all, $3
    Cilantro .79
    Tomatoes $4 for vine ripened
    Onion $1
    Ketchup $3.50
    Lemons would cost you $6/$4.50 for limes, or $3 for bottled lemon juice

$90.79
    About right. Don't forget the tostada shells. Plus of course my demanding brother has to have my homemade salsa to go with it and a bag of chips for that too. 😒😒
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413940929.565551.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  57.6 KB

Some day when I'm rich and famous I'm gonna try and make a batch of ceviche with some of this tasty shit in it. 😳😳
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413941293.144442.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  45.0 KB

About right. Don't forget the tostada shells. Plus of course my demanding brother has to have my homemade salsa to go with it and a bag of chips for that too. ����
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413940929.565551.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  57.6 KB
    Check out the white boy! Nice
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only two things in life that make it worth livin' - is guitars that tune good, and firm feelin' women -Waylon

You guys do realize that the little senorita's believe ceviche is an afrodisiac so you may also get that feeling that someone is watching you...

Quote Originally Posted by nowski View Post
    You guys do realize that the little senorita's believe ceviche is an afrodisiac so you may also get that feeling that someone is watching you...
    No. Doesn't work. Trust me. Lol