Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post

Uncle Daves combo makes 510 TQ at 4400RPM
    More importantly, it carries at or over 500 lbs for 1200 RPM thru the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    More importantly, it carries at or over 500 lbs for 1200 RPM thru the curve.
    Dicks mills are just a little less durable than an anvil.

I regret not meeting Dick sooner or I wouldn't have wasted money on building and re-building blown small block variants.
    I never could get that shit working right, and when Dick looked at it the first time he started laughing at me.

I wish Id have had him build me a big block, but I can put ridiculous number of guys on the trailer with this setup, and its such a bargain I hate go mess with it further. The boat though can take more speed and still be stable.

This little boat has actually had a lot of press as it was the Laveys flagship Sebring for a few years before they sold it off to me.

Heres a trip down memory lane- check out Bob Nordskogs face while test driving her in 91 performance boat evaluations.

UD
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Uncle, you know I think your set up is right on...

I certainly didn't mean to come across like I was trying to give advice or say anything negative about you OR CHevelle's build...

Clearly you have to balance having something with manners, a reliable piece AND squeezing every last pony out of a mill with regard to compression ratio, running a monster solid roller cam AND/OR twin dominators...

Lets plan on making a trip to meet ole Joe in the near future... Just for kicks... http://www.joeshermanracing.com/
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Wasn't thinking you were coming across any specific way at all. Just chatting.

I know Sherman builds a nasty award winning small block - but I've never seen one in a boat.

I think Joe is retired and the kid is building them these days.

I talked to both Sherman and Gazan at the same time early on and thought Dick had a better handle on where to go with a boat setup.

UD
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 09-19-2014 at 04:11 PM.

-In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Uncle, you know I think your set up is right on...

I certainly didn't mean to come across like I was trying to give advice or say anything negative about you OR CHevelle's build...

Clearly you have to balance having something with manners, a reliable piece AND squeezing every last pony out of a mill with regard to compression ratio, running a monster solid roller cam AND/OR twin dominators...

Lets plan on making a trip to meet ole Joe in the near future... Just for kicks... http://www.joeshermanracing.com/
    Just when I was thinking UD's best bet was to crate the engine up with $4000 and sent it off to you.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Just when I was thinking UD's best bet was to crate the engine up with $4000 and sent it off to you.
    4K? you only want me to put in new bearings, rings and gaskets?

You know he is going to want to have his engine back before the next president finishes his first term...

Next time you come out feel free to bring a sister or sisters friend or something. Waay to much sausage in the rig of late.

Heres the rig in Hotboats 93 calendar - The cloth interior was killer at the river, but lousy on the humid Chicago fox river.

Cant remember the models names (hard to imagine how that could happen)

UD
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 09-23-2014 at 07:03 PM.