Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    Paul 65-

I'm curious about your stoker- is the floor flat or does it follow the outline of the hull?
    Pretty sure I've seen stokers done both ways.

UD
    My Schiada is the 21' and the floor follows the outline of the hull......looks exactly like the standard 21RC on the inside and has a ski locker in the middle.

The also make a 20' RT but the floor on that one is up and down with the tunnels there's just not enough room on the smaller boat for the full floor!!

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    My Schiada is the 21' and the floor follows the outline of the hull......looks exactly like the standard 21RC on the inside and has a ski locker in the middle.

The also make a 20' RT but the floor on that one is up and down with the tunnels there's just not enough room on the smaller boat for the full floor!!
    Sorry about the Schiada/ stoker mixup,

I have friends with Stokers/ Bakers and simply mixed the brand name.

I'm not clear about your answer you say it follows the floor but has a locker. Im having a hard time visualizing it.

UD

Sorry about the Schiada/ stoker mixup,

I have friends with Stokers/ Bakers and simply mixed the brand name.

I'm not clear about your answer you say it follows the floor but has a locker. Im having a hard time visualizing it.

UD
    Well....it follows the floor to a flat area in the middle....so basically a flat floor with ski locker in the middle unlike the smaller boat which has the tunnels higher than the floor.

The boat is actually a ModVP and not a true tunnel.

No problem with the Schiada Stoker thing.........the Schiada is WAY heavier and so not as fast, but this boat was designed for the ocean and the Long Beach to Catalina ski race specifically so there is a trade off between speed and structure.

Livin' the Dream

paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Well....it follows the floor to a flat area in the middle....so basically a flat floor with ski locker in the middle unlike the smaller boat which has the tunnels higher than the floor.

The boat is actually a ModVP and not a true tunnel.

No problem with the Schiada Stoker thing.........the Schiada is WAY heavier and so not as fast, but this boat was designed for the ocean and the Long Beach to Catalina ski race specifically so there is a trade off between speed and structure.
    Ive never ridden in the Schiada RT but the layup you describe is typical of the brand.

My Sebring is a mod VP as well.

My good buddy Bob had a Baker that went to his kid when he upgraded from it to a lavey 20.2.
    The 20.2 feels about like the Stoker. Heavier than the Baker but lighter then Schiada.

Here is Bob and Bobby (the Bobs) out together.
    That baker was so thin you could feel the water thumping your feet as the hull flexed- it pretty much wore itself out.

UD
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 09-07-2014 at 10:51 AM.

That shot of the Lavey in the air is Bad Ass

Livin' the Dream

paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

That shot of the Lavey in the air is Bad Ass
    X2!!

Dave, that's a great combination of parts. Well thought out and tuned right= success. Do you have any video idling at the dock (or trailered) I would love to hear it.

Thanks I went through a bunch of combos before settling on this.

Yes I have a video of it on the hose at boostpower somewhere Ill dig up.

Pretty docile, but lumpy enough idles at 850 out of gear and about 600 in gear so not to much bravo "crunch"

Its also pretty quiet with the exhaust underwater at idle.
    You can hear us bit-chin about a used part we drove across town to buy that was a basket case while we idle out.

3 dudes 2 chicks- bad ratio - lot of beef on board.

Heres a clip from the back with a water proof go pro while we were picking props and tweaking the setup.

Your avatar is a jet ski but dont you have a completely wicked blown alcohol flatty or something like that?

UD
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 09-07-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks I went through a bunch of combos before settling on this.

Yes I have a video of it on the hose at boostpower somewhere Ill dig up.

Pretty docile, but lumpy enough idles at 850 out of gear and about 600 in gear so not to much bravo "crunch"

Its also pretty quiet with the exhaust underwater at idle.
    You can hear us bit-chin about a used part we drove across town to buy that was a basket case while we idle out.

3 dudes 2 chicks- bad ratio - lot of beef on board.

Your avatar is a jet ski but dont you have a completely wicked blown alcohol flatty or something like that?

UD
    I like it Dave! The boat's not so big that you loose the excitement and yet it will handles fairly rough water and can likely pull your head off in a turn.

A really nice overall package.

Yeah, I've got a nearly useless, impractical trailer queen that cost as much as a middle of the road DCB or newer wake boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I like it Dave! The boat's not so big that you loose the excitement and yet it will handles fairly rough water and can likely pull your head off in a turn.

A really nice overall package.

Yeah, I've got a nearly useless, impractical trailer queen that cost as much as a middle of the road DCB or newer wake boat.
    Thanks!

I spent 20 years tweaking it with liberal infusions of cash. It works really well in a suitable environment.
    The rigs turning is like a slot car, and with well over ten g's into the ITS and juice helm it should.
    That same system easily turns my 28ft V.

At the right place and time there is nothing like a wicked big block in an itty bitty boat.

Next time Im at the river you can take it for a spin.

UD
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Here it is on the hose.

UD