Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Baddest pump gas NA small block?

Curious who out there is running Na pump gas small blocks? - you know the regular guy stuff.

Anybody can make big blocks, blower, nitrous, race gas engines haul A.

Who'se got what, and what you are running for speed and what are your combos?

Heres my 91 Lavey Sebring tunnel. I get about 90 with a few people and near full fuel in it.
    Its a blast to drive and can sustain top speed till the tanks run dry.

I'm curious to see if anyone is actually running 100 on a pump gas small block.

Uncle Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 09-06-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    Curious who out there is running Na pump gas small blocks? - you know the regular guy stuff.

Heres my 91 Lavey Sebring tunnel. I get about 90 with a few people and near full fuel in it.

Uncle Dave
    Do outboards count

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

I love whackers too!

Not the same thing.

That said - Your rig looks pretty nice.

DO tell a bit!

UD

I love whackers too!

Not the same thing.

That said - Your rig looks pretty nice.

DO tell a bit!

UD
    Well.....just to be clear I don't see 100 with my boat.....82 or so in PERFECT conditions but I'm only running a 3.2L V6 at the enad of the day. The boat is a 92 Schiada River Tunnel with a 300xs hanging on a Stainless Marine bracket (no jackplate). It's a blast to drive actually and very, very stable!!

Here's a short video;

Livin' the Dream

paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Well.....just to be clear I don't see 100 with my boat.....82 or so in PERFECT conditions but I'm only running a 3.2L V6 at the enad of the day. The boat is a 92 Schiada River Tunnel with a 300xs hanging on a Stainless Marine bracket (no jackplate). It's a blast to drive actually and very, very stable!!

Here's a short video;
    Thats hauling coal- is that 82 with people on board or just you?

UD

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

I like this build but the way they set it up , it is done by 6k RPM. Changing the bump stick to a stout solid roller would change the numbers dramatically... It would also benefit from better heads but I think the build describes what they were really after...

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/tech-st...treet-windsor/
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 09-06-2014 at 09:27 PM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Uncle Dave
    That's impressive Uncle Dave. So what kind of regular guy parts are in that thing? Tell us all what heads and camshaft you're running and what king of RPM you spin to achieve that 89.

I have a friend with a pretty strong, but not too crazy small block in a CVX-20.

Compared to the tunnel wackers, none of this compares really.

Its quite similar in characteristics to what Mustang posted. Its really pretty mild.

Starts at about 2500 and is all over with at 6K.

400 GM iron block I had side bolted punched out a bit to clean it. Generic Steel crank, regular 5.7 rods
    forged Ross Pistons with zero gap secondary rings
    Brodix track 1 heads -2.08's, some hand porting (would be better to put it on a cnc machine)
    edelbrock single plane manifold (would probably run better with an air gap)
    demon 750/850 carb
    msd ignition
    engel custom hydraulic roller, with shortened overlap. (Ill dig up specs)
    Imco powerflow manifolds

Dick Gazan picked and put the combo together. The guy on the right of the freedom machine. Cool old guy died a while ago it was a pleasure to know him. Alexi from boostpower tuned it and pulled the secondary water pump off and put a crossover in for me.

I built the long block for 7500 bucks spend a few grand on the exhaust oil coolers valve covers etc..to keep it happy and alive- then beat it mercilessly from 98 to 2010 then refreshed it and tuned it back up.

Dick called it a 500/500 motor - Makes just under 500 hp/ and just over 500 lb ft with a curve as flat as kansas.

I could be really cool If I pulled it all apart and made everything shiny and polished.

I spent money one the steering- Its got an ITS and full hydraulic - turns like a slot car.

Uncle Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 09-07-2014 at 06:30 AM.

Paul 65-

I'm curious about your stoker- is the floor flat or does it follow the outline of the hull?
    Pretty sure I've seen stokers done both ways.

UD

Thats hauling coal- is that 82 with people on board or just you?

UD
    The only time I saw 82 I was alone but had full fuel......~85 degrees and no wind!!

Livin' the Dream

paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611