Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Donut Derelicts

That 59 tho

Name:  IMG_8274.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  792.9 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vic, I'm looking to start checking into buying a 66-67 Chevelle or Nova, 2 door of course and preferably a SS , I'd like it to be cherry, but a driver, how much do you think I'll have to dig into my pocket book for it.

The last few months I've been reading up on them and watching every Mecum and Barrett-Jackson auction that's been on the tube, there's lot to learn if you don't want to get screwed and I'm not getting bent over.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    That 59 tho

Name:  IMG_8274.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  792.9 KB

Thats almost nice enough to make me switch teams...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Vic, I'm looking to start checking into buying a 66-67 Chevelle or Nova, 2 door of course and preferably a SS , I'd like it to be cherry, but a driver, how much do you think I'll have to dig into my pocket book for it.

The last few months I've been reading up on them and watching every Mecum and Barrett-Jackson auction that's been on the tube, there's lot to learn if you don't want to get screwed and I'm not getting bent over.
    Lot of cars for sale for those years. If you use a dealer make sure they’re reputable.

Do you want a driver or investment?

For me, when it comes to hot rods, I like 'em hot. One of my favorites is Tom McMullen's classic '32 flamed Highboy. As Tom drove it daily, he continually kept testing out different components. The car was not only a very hot street driven hot rod, but was drag raced, and raced at the dry lakes. It saw many different paint jobs throughout the years, but the one that is most remembered is the "flames"over black, pinstriped by Roth, I believe. Here's just two shots of the same car, ( with Tom, ever wrenching )......one, with a blown 327 Chevy and traditional 40 Ford front drum brakes, and the second, showing Tom shoehorning a big bad blown Ford 427 into it, along with disc brakes. No doubt, this is a real HOT rod, devoid of A/C, power assist, and all the other stuff street rodders tend to muck up their cars with today.Name:  9562cdb649b47d4eeef1fa498140c756.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  98.5 KBName:  de717f3b72768d5d400649114900ccf5--the-definition-of-toms.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  95.9 KB

When we lived in HB I would go there every Saturday morning. Nice pics.

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Lot of cars for sale for those years. If you use a dealer make sure they’re reputable.

Do you want a driver or investment?

Driver that won't lose tons of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Driver that won't lose tons of cash.
    I got lucky and picked up a driver that’s nearly doubled in value in only 7-8yrs

Where is this at ? That is off the charts, they do something like this up here in Valencia but it doesn't even compare to this.

Quote Originally Posted by idk View Post
    Where is this at ? That is off the charts, they do something like this up here in Valencia but it doesn't even compare to this.
    Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach. Every Saturday starting at 0’dark 30