Hybrid View

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Soooo.......wings anybody??

Fresh chicken whole wings, rinse well, section and dispose of tips.

Mix 2 qts water with 1/3 cup salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar.
    add wings and drumettes, cover and refrigerate for 12 - 24 Hours. (Brineing...mandatory for BBQ fresh chicken)

After brining, rinse wings thoroughly in colander with cold water, pat dry with paper towels, arrange on sheet with non-stick foil or paper.
    Dust wings with favorite rub (I use a combo of poultry and applewood rub)

Pre-heat Traeger to 350*
    Place tray on rack, set timer for 40 minutes.

Remove tray and brush rack to clean, spray rack with grilling PAM spray.

Remove wings from tray and place directly on rack.
    Baste with chosen sauce if desired. (I use a home made sauce of Honey, Wing hot sauces, 3 MINCED garlic cloves not pressed, and butter!!)

cook 10 minutes, turn, re-baste, cook 10 more minutes.
    Enjoy!

Yum!!

Pay CLOSE attention the last 10 minutes, check like every 2-3 minutes until they just start to set the sauce and pull them...they will burn FAST. (Don't ask how I know)

I love wings, this sounds good...

BUT MY fave is to simply either smoke them NAKEY on the grill or fry them NAKEY in the turkey fryer THEN while they are still very hot I put them in a bowl with FRANKS RED HOT sauce / BUTTER / BROWN SUGAR and let them sit/soak... A little extra crushed red pepper is good too...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I love wings, this sounds good...

BUT MY fave is to simply either smoke them NAKEY on the grill or fry them NAKEY in the turkey fryer THEN while they are still very hot I put them in a bowl with FRANKS RED HOT sauce / BUTTER / BROWN SUGAR and let them sit/soak... A little extra crushed red pepper is good too...
    Oh yeah! There is no "Bad" wing!!!
    Tommy

"So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

Gen. George S Patton