Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    We'll be at the Thanksgiving Regatta in Parker this weekend. Will have some pics and info up as early as Friday am.

My last two trips fizzled out due to weather. Had planned on doing some boating but it didn't work out.
    Not aimed at you Vic.... you guys provide great content.... just at people that want to change what good things are going on here to something redic!

CHEESE???? really? (well you are a cheese head!) ... lol
    1975 Sanger True Flat 496BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ptc View Post
    Not aimed at you Vic.... you guys provide great content.... just at people that want to change what good things are going on here to something redic!

CHEESE???? really? (well you are a cheese head!) ... lol
    Was it the Green Bay thread that gave it away? lol

1. Motor builds
    2. DLB section possibly?
    3. What's cooking section?
    4. ???
    5.???

Let's keep this going, hopefully we can get the (approved) changes made this week.

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    1. Motor builds
    2. DLB section possibly?
    3. What's cooking section?
    4. ???
    5.???

Let's keep this going, hopefully we can get the (approved) changes made this week.
    Here's what you have requested:

1. Tech Section - Motor builds/mods
    2. DLB section
    3. What's cooking section - The Food Bar
    4. Boat Evaluations/Boat Tests
    5. DIY/Home Improvement
    6. River Party Pics (hmmmmmm)
    7. Classifieds - rework what we currently have
    8. Archives

We'll get started on some of these this week. I'm up in the air on the river party pic section. And I'm still thinking about how to handle a archive section.

What else you got?? Speak now

GRADS

2. DLB section
    5. DIY/Home Improvement
    8. Archives

We'll get started on some of these this week. I'm up in the air on the river party pic section. And I'm still thinking about how to handle a archive section.

I don't think 3, 5 and 6 are necessary....all that stuff could be posted in the Sandbar. If you have too many sections it starts to get confusing. Keep it simple. Eliminate the section that don't get posted in and add the ones that will. As much as I hate to say it, a DLB section would probably be good idea. I will even direct www.deltalunchbunch.com to it.

I am relatively to all this boating stuff, so maybe someone can help me out. What exactly is suppose to be discussed on "inboard" that isn't discussed in V bottom, Cat, V drive or jet? Is there some other inboard I am missing?
    Is it really necessary to have a forum for every type of hull? Seems to me that just "propulsion types" would be enough. I/O, jet, v drive and outboard.

Is there something that gets discussed in "Big Blue" that would out of place being discussed in "Offshore Only?" or vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    I am relatively to all this boating stuff, so maybe someone can help me out. What exactly is suppose to be discussed on "inboard" that isn't discussed in V bottom, Cat, V drive or jet? Is there some other inboard I am missing?
    Is it really necessary to have a forum for every type of hull? Seems to me that just "propulsion types" would be enough. I/O, jet, v drive and outboard.

Is there something that gets discussed in "Big Blue" that would out of place being discussed in "Offshore Only?" or vice versa?
    Hello GN7, nice meeting you this weekend. Unfortunately I wasn't able to buy you a beer. So next time.

As far as your post, when we frantically put the site together using bar napkins and a sharpie, we scratched down everything we could think of with the thought that we would clean it up one day. Well that day (about a year later) has come. So we asking for your input on what you would like to see, or not see. If its redundant, we need to clean it up. If its missing, we need to add it.

I'm thinking we need a GN7 section

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

2. DLB section
    5. DIY/Home Improvement
    8. Archives

Not sure if you want to attempt this or not, I worked with Craig (the original PB admin/S.A.) to add the race org sections in the PB site... I went to a variety of sources and validated the names of the orgs so that they were accurate at that point in time... Things may have changed, that was about 2 1/2 years ago or so... SOme areas were used by the racers/class fans and some got very little use/traction...

This was about the time that LUCAS was trying to bring all of the various drag boat orgs under one umbrella, things went a little askew with our plan when that occurred…

One that I would be particularly interested in seeing is the SUPER V and SUPER V LITE series if you choose to go that route... I think that these classes are probably interesting to a pretty broad audience and from what I can see they don’t have a really easily accessible place to call home for chat/schedules/pictures/banter... Just a thought... I do have the ability to connect with some of the SUPER V LITE racers... They travel from coast to coast and race in lakes as well as saltwater (I think)...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 12-03-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this or Paul65K's emoticon thread but, can we get a emoticon that licks similar to this but with the licking? Typing out NiceGuyEddie takes too long.