Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    WESTERNAERO
    I think this is what Bob is referring to. This is a part of the K-class rules.

51.4 Minimum hull length shall be 17 ft. L.O.A. and the Maximum hull length shall be 20 feet L.O.A. not including cavitation plates.
    -OR-

51.4.1 When using the optional 21 foot rule, the following rule must be met:
    51.4.1.1 Maximum length 21 feet excluding the cavitation plate. Minimum length 19 feet excluding the cavitation plate
    51.4.1.2 Strake depth must not exceed one and one quarter inch from trailing edge to mid ship.
    51.4.1.3 Bottom concavity must not exceed one and one quarter inch from trailing edge to mid ship.
    51.4.1.4 Nothing must interfere with a straight edge from keel to chine in the area from trailing edge to 65 inches
    forward.
    51.4.1.5 Dead rise at the transom must not exceed 4 degrees.
    51.4.1.6 All boats meeting this optional 21 foot rule must weigh a minimum of 2,400 pounds.

51.5 Hull must be a flatbottom boat design and conform to the GENERAL RULES FOR INBOARD RUNABOUTS, racing classification. <<<<<< What about this part right here?
    51.6 Stabilizers, wing sections or airfoils may be installed, provided they are used in a horizontal position no wider than the beam of the
    boat under the areas of stabilizer installation. They may not be adjusted while the boat is in motion nor will they be installed to the rear
    (aft) of the transom. They shall not be positioned forward of amidships. The leading edges shall be no closer than 24 in. from the top of
    the inside back of the driver’s seat. The leading edge center line shall not be mounted more than 10 in. above the blower(s), injector(s) or
    top surfaces of other engine top mountings. They must pass a safety inspection before each race.
    Last edited by WESTERNAERO; 01-31-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    I think this is what Bob is referring to. This is a part of the K-class rules.

51.4 Minimum hull length shall be 17 ft. L.O.A. and the Maximum hull length shall be 20 feet L.O.A. not including cavitation plates.
    -OR-

51.4.1 When using the optional 21 foot rule, the following rule must be met:
    51.4.1.1 Maximum length 21 feet excluding the cavitation plate. Minimum length 19 feet excluding the cavitation plate
    51.4.1.2 Strake depth must not exceed one and one quarter inch from trailing edge to mid ship.
    51.4.1.3 Bottom concavity must not exceed one and one quarter inch from trailing edge to mid ship.
    51.4.1.4 Nothing must interfere with a straight edge from keel to chine in the area from trailing edge to 65 inches
    forward.
    51.4.1.5 Dead rise at the transom must not exceed 4 degrees.
    51.4.1.6 All boats meeting this optional 21 foot rule must weigh a minimum of 2,400 pounds.

51.5 Hull must be a flatbottom boat design and conform to the GENERAL RULES FOR INBOARD RUNABOUTS, racing classification. <<<<<< What about this part right here?
    51.6 Stabilizers, wing sections or airfoils may be installed, provided they are used in a horizontal position no wider than the beam of the
    boat under the areas of stabilizer installation. They may not be adjusted while the boat is in motion nor will they be installed to the rear
    (aft) of the transom. They shall not be positioned forward of amidships. The leading edges shall be no closer than 24 in. from the top of
    the inside back of the driver’s seat. The leading edge center line shall not be mounted more than 10 in. above the blower(s), injector(s) or
    top surfaces of other engine top mountings. They must pass a safety inspection before each race.
    Not exactly what I was referring to. That's the "NEW" 21 ft rule. Its is allowed to have much larger strakes ONLY on boats longer than 20, and a 4* or less bottom.
    That's a whole "new" rule that was added that took effect this year. Its some times refered to in some circles as the Duff Daily rule.

If a Rayson GN was over 20 ft long, it could race regardless of the strakes, because only 4* or less flats that large are allowed to run.

I posted the bottom rules for the 20 ft and under in a edit in my in my previous post.

As for the part "flat bottom boat design." When it has to be a "flat bottom" it is spelled out very clearly, as in the 21 ft rule and cracker and Jersey Skiff,
    Stop thinking FLAT, and think more "displacement" or "non hydro"

Perfect example of a boat that can't race K is a Rush. To long for the 20 ft and under, and the bottom is too V'd to run under the 21 ft rule, even though it is much flatter than a 20ft Rayson.
    Last edited by gn7; 01-31-2014 at 03:29 PM.

WESTERNAERO
    So what hull falls into this "21 optional" rule?

So what hull falls into this "21 optional" rule?
    Why the "Great Punkin" boat of course, What else. First you build a baot, then get a rule passed that allows it to run. But write the rule is such away that doesn't allow other "readily" available boats to run under the "new" rule. You literally have to create a new hull to run under the new rule.
    Last edited by gn7; 01-31-2014 at 04:01 PM.

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Why the "Great Punkin" boat of course, What else. First you build a baot, then get a rule passed that allows it to run. But write the rule is such away that doesn't allow other "readily" available boats to run under the "new" rule. You literally have to create a new hull to run under the new rule.
    Okay, how about a pic of the back of that thing out of the water? I've never seen it before. Is it a shallow v?

Okay, how about a pic of the back of that thing out of the water? I've never seen it before. Is it a shallow v?
    Its basically flat. but it doesn't have to be, It can have up to a 4* dead rise. Which isn't shit.
    BTW, virtually all the plate hardware y you see is Ti. The clevises on the bar are serrated, as are the eyes on the turn buckles. The "length" of the bar clevises are adjustable.

WESTERNAERO
    Its basically flat. but it doesn't have to be, It can have up to a 4* dead rise. Which isn't shit.
    BTW, virtually all the plate hardware y you see is Ti. The clevises on the bar are serrated, as are the eyes on the turn buckles. The "length" of the bar clevises are adjustable.
    4 deg isn't much you're right. But let's say at 7' wide at the transom that gives you 3" vertical drop from chine to keel. Extend the little bit up the keel and you can have a lot better entry. Might be a big advantage on some waters.

WESTERNAERO
    Sounds interesting, have any close-ups of that hardware? Why Titanium?

Sounds interesting, have any close-ups of that hardware? Why Titanium?
    I guess weight, and because they can. Why else does anybody use the shit?
    No, I don't have any close ups of the hardware, but if you go to Puddingstone you can check it out, I believe it planned to be there. Its a pretty cool arrangement and is incredibly adjustable.
    If it doesn't kick ass at Puddingstone, it can't kick ass anywhere. But I wouldn't place any of my hard earned money on it.
    Its not a good boat for tight tracks like Long Beach or Parker. It needs a big course like Puddingstone, or Burley.

If Too Tall Charlie was going to be there with the k150, my money would be on him. If Steve Sequera can get the K24 thru the corners fast enough, he'll bury them. And then there is Robbie Devine to deal with as well, and he can't flat get it thru the turns there. It should prove interesting.
    Last edited by gn7; 01-31-2014 at 06:41 PM.

WESTERNAERO
    I'll be at puddingstone. I'll try to remember to check it out.