Page 8 of 116 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    I'm a happy boy, low bidder on my first shot at estimating. 
    My head is still spinning trying to learn everything. There is a very detailed process we use, software is called Heavy Bid. 

CH3NO2
    What trade are you estimating for. Congrats BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby V View Post
    What trade are you estimating for. Congrats BTW.
    Thank you!
    Civil construction, we do all kinds of infrastructure, with an emphasis on road work.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Thank you!
    Civil construction, we do all kinds of infrastructure, with an emphasis on road work.

CH3NO2
    I was in the field for 20 years before I got into estimating. I think it helps to have that knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby V View Post
    I was in the field for 20 years before I got into estimating. I think it helps to have that knowledge.
    Agreed, that's my background also. So far there's a lot less hair pulling than the field. Hope it stays this way.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Agreed, that's my background also. So far there's a lot less hair pulling than the field. Hope it stays this way.

CH3NO2
    A lot less stress in estimating. Let the field guys fix the problems.

That I was supposed to leave about 3 hours earlier for the river than I did and it took 6 1/2 fucking hours to get here. FML.

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    That I was supposed to leave about 3 hours earlier for the river than I did and it took 6 1/2 fucking hours to get here. FML.
    Wow. Thinking I should have gone this weekend. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Wow. Thinking I should have gone this weekend. Ah well.
    I didn't know that monster bash deal was this weekend. Was hoping for nice calm water. Hope it isn't too shitty out tomorrow

I didn't know that monster bash deal was this weekend. Was hoping for nice calm water. Hope it isn't too shitty out tomorrow
    Yup. I was invited and passed it up. Bummed.

For some reason they changed date this year. Pretty sure it's always been near Halloween.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2