Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    In 2012 when Greg owned the boat the dampener plate broke a spring which ended up cracking the transmission case. Greg had the transmission case welded up and painted. He decided to go with a flexplate with a TCI Front Pump Drive Kits (spline drive). However, the boat has never been ran with this new set-up. I have the old Centerforce steel flywheel and the old Spline Drive Unit for the transmission. I am considering going with the old set-up (flywheel) and just buying a Heavy-Duty Dampener Plate.

Does anyone have any suggestion why one set-up is better than the other? From research on other forums I have seen some that like the TCI Front Pump Drive Kits and some that don't. Here's a couple pictures of the different set-ups.

Flexplate with a TCI Front Pump Drive Kits

Centerforce steel flywheel and the old Spline Drive Unit
    You should get a hold of Bob/GN7 about this. There was a discussion about this somewhere before also, maybe on PB. Try a search over there. I'm assuming you're trying to find out so you can get the engine re-balanced.

Yes, that was the thread I was referring to. GN7, Rexone and a couple others had some good info. I just thought some others like yourself may have some thoughts...

I sent an e-mail over to the Pro Race Tech in Australia and also talked to their Senior Consultant here in the US about the Harmonic Balancer and they are offering to send me a new one for $150 out the door. That should save me at least $200 in the cost of a new supercharger rated balancer.

From Ren @ Pro Race

Thanks for your email; based on the information you provided, this #74267 balancer was built 13 years ago, in 2000.

The rubber that appeared at the back of the balancer would be a result of ‘tear and wear’ after a long term operation under a harsh condition (such as a high-horsepower marine application like yours, as Ed Lyons our senior consultant had mentioned to you). However we are happy to offer you a replacement Pro/Race #74267 at a heavily discounted purchase price of $150 (more than 50% off).
    Last edited by 78Southwind; 12-25-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Very cool of them to offer that heavy of a discount

Last week a couple parts showed up at my house. My flexplate and balancer.

Meziere Flexplate Steel Flexplate that is one piece billet.

Name:  Mez_FlexPlate1.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  44.0 KBName:  Mez_FlexPlate2.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  60.2 KB

Pro Race Steel Blower Balancer machined for two keyways

Name:  Spectra_Pro_Race_Balancer.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  72.8 KBName:  Spectra_Pro_Race_Balancer1.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  81.5 KB

WMC
    You got some good stuff. Christmas early?

sent from WMC's phone

Here's a couple pictures of the block it's a Merlin II CNC Block with a 4.5" bore and 4.5" stroke to make it a 572. There has also been some work done to the block. The deck height is 10.188, the block has been O-ringed and bronze lifter bore sleeves have been installed.

Name:  572_Block_Height.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  65.6 KBName:  572_Block1.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  71.2 KBName:  572_Block2.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  61.5 KBName:  572_Block.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  85.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by WMC View Post
    You got some good stuff. Christmas early?

sent from WMC's phone
    You could say that...Have you ever heard of The Twelve Days of Christmas?

I also got the Crower Crank back from being polished. However, It still needs to be machined for the additional keyway. The Manley Rods are getting resized and new bushings. The JE Blower Pistons look good but Jim Lange had three left over from Gregs rebuild so he is sending those out to me this week. Hopefully, everything will go to the balancer by the end of this week.

Name:  Crower_Crank1.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  51.4 KB

Name:  Crower_Crank2.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  61.5 KB

Name:  Crower_Crank3.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  48.5 KB

Name:  Crower_Crank5.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  63.6 KB

Name:  Crower_Crank4.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  63.7 KB
    Last edited by 78Southwind; 02-04-2014 at 10:30 PM.

I got the pistons today so everything went to get balanced.

Name:  JE_Pistons.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  69.5 KBName:  JE_Pistons1.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  66.2 KBName:  JE_Pistons2.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  58.8 KBName:  JE_Pistons3.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  46.7 KB