Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by bordsmnj View Post
    Nikon 70-300 is a better lens than the 18-300 and will auto focus faster and sharper
    Yes. Only problem is the 70 won't get you get close enough on a lot of shots. I am using my 70-200 and 80-400 less and less. I use my 14-24 and 28 a lot. I also have a 135DC that's pretty cool and I've been using my 400/2.8 a lot lately too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Very nice. I may have to take you up on this. Have camera, will travel?
    I'm willing to travel, passport is valid, no Middle East, no Helo's. I'm thinking the bridge to bridge in Austrailia in late November would work, You cover my air/hotel and thanksgiving dinner for my family. Lemme know soon.

yes but I was understanding the camera to come with an 18-55 already. the difference in quality and less missed shot is worth making lens changes for. at least those are my results when paying to own/try all these lenses.

and then to totally jump whiteworks' train... ME TOO, lol. ... and i'm unemployed with clear calendar, HA!

Wendi

Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital SLR 18-55mm Lens Camera VS. Nikon® D3200™ 24.2MP Di

It's official we bought our first fancy camera lets hope we can learn how to use it.

Wendi

Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital SLR 18-55mm Lens Camera VS. Nikon® D3200™ 24.2MP Di

New to me lens 100-300 off Craigslist

Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital SLR 18-55mm Lens Camera VS. Nikon® D3200™ 24.2MP ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    It's official we bought our first fancy camera lets hope we can learn how to use it.
    Let's hope you don't try the "I wonder if it floats" experiment again.. Lol. Poor phone. Looks like a nice camera. I'm clueless when it comes to cameras.

You're all setup now, we'll be expecting lots of pictures now, looks like a great camera, have fun with it guys.

Thats a great camera and you can create amazing images with it. I shot this pic yesterday on an older version of your camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by hbchgirl View Post
    A camera guru told us its like Chevy and Ford, just each person's preference. I think the magic is in the lens that's why they cost so damn much! Good luck with whichever you choose! 😁
    That's funny, I told Wendi that off the site,, both Canon and Nikon are in a continuous competition, and as you say, when you get more critical with your photos, better lenses make the difference.

Wish I could contribute but it would be like PR in an alcohol thread.

Carbon aka Stainless
    CH3NO2