Page 55 of 101 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Progress Report
    Attachment 28760
    Cool article Jerry. There is that damn "paralax" bottom again. I am stumped. I need to talk to Fitz or Duff about that.
    Its as a few things off a little. His first drag boat was called Phffft, not POOF. Also, I think he won 100 consecutive SK races in his first glass 16 fter, and was the reason he used the number 100 on his 17 1/2 ft that followed it. I think Kenny Wilcox had the 100 boat, and now its at Jet Boat Plus. Ms K034 may have the inside on where that boat is.

Of all the trophies Rudy won, when he died there was only one left. And that was only because his daughter had it at her place. If I am not mistaken it if for the Gulf Hall of Fame.
    He threw out hundreds when he moved out of the shop, straight into a roll off dumpster, including the first Salton Sea 500 trophy, which now there is only a picture of him with it. Wish I would have gotten by there more when he was moving that stuff out. I got a bunch of stuff, but no where near what I wish I would have.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Of all the trophies Rudy won, when he died there was only one left. And that was only because his daughter had it at her place.
    That's a shame. I guess he earned so many that they just didn't mean much anymore.

Rayson Craft manufacturing building, 41,000 sq ft ....... nice building Rudy had!

'76
    Name:  raysonad76.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  103.8 KB

When you love outboards, but you're a jet boater at heart.

'76

Name:  outboard jet76.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  107.3 KB

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    When you love outboards, but you're a jet boater at heart.

'76

Name:  outboard jet76.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  107.3 KB
    hey Jerry, those are VERY VERY popular here on the ozark streams... My cousin had the bragging rights of having the FASTEST aluminum GIGGING boat on the Meremec river for a while... He ran a BIG looper OMC V6 OUTBOARD/JET and his GIGGING boat would run 100MPH in the 1/4 mile so im told... THey are actually a pretty cool boat that you can run right through the shallows/rocks when up on plane...

Gigging "suckers" is very popular here in the winter and they are great fish to eat... The boats haul a large gasoline generator and have the BIG flood lights as shown...

Name:  gigging 1.jpg
Size:  65.2 KB
    Name:  gigging 3.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  67.8 KB

Last edited by 2manymustangs; 12-19-2013 at 11:28 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

WMC
    There's some cool stuff in this thread. Thanks all

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by westair View Post
    Rayson Craft manufacturing building, 41,000 sq ft ....... nice building Rudy had!
    It was originally his dad's foundry. His dad did a lot of work during WWII, mostly for Lockheed, and was a incredibly intelligent man. It was actually his dad Ray's idea to lay up high performance boats in fiberglass, and his dads connections with the aircraft engineers to show them how. There were low speed, low powered small outboards and canoes made of glass, but nobody trying to build a 100mph inboard. The foundry remained after they started making boats, they cast parts for Rayson's as well as stuff for others like Glenwood and Casale and Hallcraft V drive cases during that time. But in time the boat thing took over the place.
    It wasn't really "A" building, in was a number of buildings.

Name:  brochure7.jpg
Size:  91.6 KB

You'll never see this going down the highway.

Attachment 28256

Attachment 28257
    Pretty sano Regatta considering its in the year.

Needles drag boat races '75.

Name:  needlesdrags75.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  134.4 KB
    Name:  needles dragpics.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  48.3 KB

"Pussy Galore" lol