Page 457 of 560 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467507557 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 5598
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413146946.560187.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  92.8 KB

Walk by the lake with Jack this morning

Good to finally see the Parker 2 lane bridge open. It's much nicer than the old Parker 2 lane bridge LOL
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413150334.287060.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  65.2 KB

View from tonight's office. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413519565.477630.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  61.7 KB

Oath Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    View from tonight's office. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413519565.477630.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  61.7 KB

Oath Keeper
    Do you and Djunkie work at same place?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Same general area. He's ILWU local 13, he works all over both LA and Long Beach Harbors. I'm IAM local 1484. I work for a company called ITS, I'm a mechanic, basically we fix what he and his brothers break.

Oath Keeper

Same general area. He's ILWU local 13, he works all over both LA and Long Beach Harbors. I'm IAM local 1484. I work for a company called ITS, I'm a mechanic, basically we fix what he and his brothers break.

Oath Keeper
    Pretty much. Although I'm steady with a company now so no more running around working at all the other crap holes that I used to have to go to.

Congrats!!!!
    So what's up with the labor shortage? We had 1 ship last night and 3 today sitting idle because of "lack of labor". Is this a fact or is it a ploy? Wouldn't mind getting a casual card if their truly short handed. But we also heard that there could be a lock out. The harbor is like no other place on earth.

Oath Keeper

Congrats!!!!
    So what's up with the labor shortage? We had 1 ship last night and 3 today sitting idle because of "lack of labor". Is this a fact or is it a ploy? Wouldn't mind getting a casual card if their truly short handed. But we also heard that there could be a lock out. The harbor is like no other place on earth.

Oath Keeper
    The problem is there's so much work there's not enough people to cover the skilled labor. There's been record amounts of cranes and top handlers being ordered and not enough trained people to cover them. So pma is actually limiting the companies on how much labor they can order per day so that ships with priority can get the labor to work them. So basically new ships that are showing up are being held back till they get moved up on the allocation list. Filling the basic and utr jobs isn't a problem cause the casuals can take them. It's the cranes and top handlers that are the problem. So obviously the media and companies will use this against us to say we're staging some bullshit slow down. It's totally false. There's just not enough trained people to cover the crazy amount of work there is. Then to go on top of it all, the yards are full. The cargo can't get out of the yards fast enough to make room for the other stuff that's waiting to come in. For months now we've been trying to stuff 10lbs of shit into our yard that's only capable of holding 2 lbs of it. It's nuts. Reminds me of back in 2002. I've been hearing rumors they've hit a wall with our contract negotiations with the implementation of automation. So don't be surprised if we end up in another lockout again.