Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    OK enough about the bitches, back to boats!

Second oldest ad I have found for Rayson.

Original wood Mandella. This is about as cool as old school gets.
    WAIT WAIT... I didn't get to see the VINTAGE chick floating in the hydro yet... :(
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    She has the "do" that 2MM was asking about.
    Didn't know then, but it appears she was 19 when she was POM/ POY. So at least I was lusting for a teenager, not some old hag in her 20s

MMMmmmmm natural puffies, what hair??? Oh, she does have a hairdoo...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 12-13-2013 at 06:33 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Another good one.

Attachment 28185
    Ron Larson was one of the guys that co drove the outboard when they won the 1967 Outboard Worlds in Havasu with 3 Mercs on the back of the GN hull. ?The other co driver was Micheal Reagan(Ronnie's son).
    Larson's wife (EX) was the woman that took Rudy to the hospital when he died. One of the coolest ladies you could ever meet.
    All of Ron's boats were "Quickies" Its Quick, Quicky, Quicky Too, Miss Quickly. I have no idea how many he owned, but it was a few thru the years.

Ron Larson was one of the guys that co drove the outboard when they won the 1967 Outboard Worlds in Havasu with 3 Mercs on the back of the GN hull. ?The other co driver was Micheal Reagan(Ronnie's son).
    Larson's wife (EX) was the woman that took Rudy to the hospital when he died. One of the coolest ladies you could ever meet.
    All of Ron's boats were "Quickies" Its Quick, Quicky, Quicky Too, Miss Quickly. I have no idea how many he owned, but it was a few thru the years.
    They're in a lot of advertisements! Where's the outboard gn hull now?

They're in a lot of advertisements! Where's the outboard gn hull now?
    Phil Carter built a outboard from a GN hull when he worked there in the 70s. He owned a ski/marathon boat called Never Satisfied. Fitz drove it in the enduro once or twice.

Just before Rudy died a guy came in that had a full height 21 cruiser with a Merc 300 on it, with wrap around cocktail seating in the rear. Thing was cooool.

I guess he would build whatever you wanted if you asked.
    If you're asking what happened to THAT hull, a guy was talking with ,me a couple years ago in Parker and described a 20ft he had, and it fit the that hull to a T. However, I since learned from a member on PB, that Rudy wasn't the first triple engine GN hull to win the Worlds at Havasu, 3 other guys from the south bay area had done it the year before in 1966 using a Rayson 20ft(19) with e outboards. I wasn't buying it, but he gave me the names and I found it in a Sport illustrated article on line.
    I see if I can find it again. Kind of blue me away when I learned that.
    Last edited by gn7; 12-13-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Wendi
    This guy had all the chicks!

Attachment 28182
    He sure did! Check out the bufonts and suits! Sexy back in the day.

Didn't take as long as I thought. Its easier once you know what you're looking for.

Not a lot of info, but enough to know that Rudy, Ron Larson and Michael Reagan didn't do it first, and that a Rayson outboard won the World outboard title 2 consecutive years.

http://si.com/vault/article/magazine...86/2/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    He sure did! Check out the bufonts and suits! Sexy back in the day.
    Precilla was the queen of the bufont do

Last edited by gn7; 12-13-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Jan '67 Hot Boat classified ad.

Name:  cindersale.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  140.3 KB

Doesn't seem like a lot of money, but my parents paid the same for our house in Culver City around the same time, That would buy you about 10 V8 Mustangs.
    That was right after the Allison were banned. Ready to race, Yeah, but in what. They weren't even legal in marathons. You could set a unlimited kilo record with it. But it had already done that.
    Of course you get 4 spare engines. Rudy told me he paid 50.00 in the crate for the one he ran. It cost him 4 times that to have the pistons machined that they cast for it at the shop Stock they are supercharged, and had lower compression, and superchargers weren't legal at the Salton Sea race. Probably why Patterson had spare engines. Blown and unblown.