Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CampbellCarl View Post
    Perhaps you and Wendi will both bring your motorhomes to Needles and we can party together..............oh wait.............
    I might bring my RV...

...no need to wait Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post

Original wood Mandella. This is about as cool as old school gets.
    How old are those pics Bob?

Here's that picture we were talking about earlier.

Name:  wood.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  83.7 KB

This guy had all the chicks!

Name:  ss17.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  142.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    How old are those pics Bob?
    I have no idea. I plagiarized them long time ago off some site long time ago. I think V driveboats. It reminds me a lot of my uncle's Stevens from around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    This guy had all the chicks!

Name:  ss17.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  142.9 KB
    Lon Skinner. He was one of Rudy's first dealers, up somewhere in Oregon. He and John Sofilos in Redwood City, now in Clear Lake were his first 2 dealers.
    I'm pretty sure Lon was the second SK champion after Olsen in Cream Puff. Both Raysons. Then Towle won in 1963 and 64 with a Stevens.
    You have to love the 1 + 2 bench seat in a Super Stock. The girl next to him is sitting in the divider that covered the V drive and "acted" as a bucket for the driver.
    Olsen had the same seat arrangement in the first Cream Puff.

So Jerry, heres one I have never been able to figure out, and always managed to forget to ask Rudy. What is the thing on his helmet. You see the same thing on Rudy's helmet when he is sitting in the U9 Allison boat, and in some Salton Sea 500 action pics.

Yeah, that's a GREAT picture. 2 SKs and a drag boat running a circle race. In think that was a HOT BOAT race at the drags. Later they held HOT BOAT races at the ski races, which led to the start of the SS class. The boat cutting the inside is Rudy
    Last edited by gn7; 12-12-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Lon Skinner. He was one of Rudy's first dealers, up somewhere in Oregon. He and John Sofilos in Redwood City, now in Clear Lake were his first 2 dealers.
    I'm pretty sure Lon was the second SK champion after Olsen in Cream Puff. Both Raysons. Then Towle won in 1963 and 64 with a Stevens.
    You have to love the 1 + 2 bench seat in a Super Stock. The girl next to him is sitting in the divider that covered the V drive and "acted" as a bucket for the driver.
    Olsen had the same seat arrangement in the first Cream Puff.

So Jerry, heres one I have never been able to figure out, and always managed to forget to ask Rudy. What is the thing on his helmet. You see the same thing on Rudy's helmet when he is sitting in the U9 Allison boat, and in some Salton Sea 500 action pics.

Yeah, that's a GREAT picture. 2 SKs and a drag boat running a circle race. In think that was a HOT BOAT race at the drags. Later they held HOT BOAT races at the ski races, which led to the start of the SS class. The boat cutting the inside is Rudy
    Maybe woodpecker was just heading back to the ramp from making a drag pass and got caught in the photo...? Lol I don't have a clue on the helmet.

Another good one.

Name:  quickly.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  171.6 KB

Marion Beavers Gummy's Ghost driven by Wayne Thompson
    Name:  gummys_ghost.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  20.5 KB

Leroy Penhall in Hot Cinders You can bet your ass that's Bruce holding the boat.
    Name:  hot_cinders.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  37.9 KB
    Keith Black 1963
    Name:  Keith Black.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  11.0 KB

First boat to ever go 100+ in the 1/4 mile. Only went 97+ in this article, but later was the first boat to exceed 100 in the quarter.
    Funny that in the 50's and very early 1960 the flats were the fastest accelerating boats on earth. Took a little while to get a hydro to accelerate like a flat. Even when the hydros did over take the flats, it wasn't by much, for a long time. When jack Davidson's White Mist hydro was hitting 110, Rudy's flat was doing 100.
    Attachment 28173
    Olds first to go 100+mph .... must of been good for sales. .. 550hp doesn't seem like much for a blown BB alky motor.