Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Craigslist find

Quote Originally Posted by mouzer View Post
    i dont need the headache anyway.............working on my project only...im trying to not find this stuff......id really rather see a guy get it and restore it........
    i will do some parts here and there but there on craigslist ...........but will let you know BOB if the guy calls me
    Cool, I plan on flipping it on 2MM. The guy thinks the stuff is near priceless.

WESTERNAERO
    If the hull is sound, that boat is perfect for a resto. There's some nice gear in that thing that just needs to be cleaned up. It would be the perfect old school breakfast run put-put. I'm not a purist, but it would be a shame to see that thing stripped.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Cool, I plan on flipping it on 2MM. The guy thinks the stuff is near priceless.
    I know enough to know a $500 aluminum FE intake and a $500 Vdrive box when I see it...

NOW I know where all of the good FE parts went, you guys were stuffing them into bazillions of flatties/cruisers in the 60's and then bad mouthing them after 6,000 hours of service in SALTWATER with no purge of fresh water...

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    If the hull is sound, that boat is perfect for a resto. There's some nice gear in that thing that just needs to be cleaned up. It would be the perfect old school breakfast run put-put. I'm not a purist, but it would be a shame to see that thing stripped.
    THats what I'm saying, the parts are all intact , just clean her up for now and throw a truck 390 in her and PUT PUT around... SHould be worth twice the price of admission...

Im glad that SOME here have the common sense to NOT rip the FUCK out of her...

It's a unique piece, something different than the thousands of bowtie boats... Something different than the many B and C and H hulls out there...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 01-15-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I know enough to know a $500 aluminum FE intake and a $500 Vdrive box when I see it...

Only if it isn't an Edelbrock or Offy. Then its a 50.00 manifold.

Cool, Ill take it for $50... How much for the logs/snails/timing cover/bellhousing/mounts/driveshaft tube???
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

They do list a ford part number in the ad....

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Cool, Ill take it for $50... How much for the logs/snails/timing cover/bellhousing/mounts/driveshaft tube???
    None of it. You would just throw it on the heap with the rest of your shit and never use it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    They do list a ford part number in the ad....
    I knew what it was from the blocked breather hole on the rear of the manifold. Just keeping the Ford FE guru on his toes.

None of it. You would just throw it on the heap with the rest of your shit and never use it

I knew what it was from the blocked breather hole on the rear of the manifold. Just keeping the Ford FE guru on his toes.
    Mannnnnnnnnnnn, im no guru on anything engine related... BUT I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express...

I am about to become a FOrd 302R block / 347CLEVOR head guru though... The next round of funding came through and the heads are back to the porting shop for bowl/short turn radius work... Now I just need Steel/Straub to spec out a cam for me...

And seriously, with that 390 (in the Lavey) block casting # it could very well go 4.130 bore...

Tisk tisk tisk. You have "Ford" bore sizes on the brain. Nobody bores a FE to 4.130, or a 427 .020 or .030 over any more.
    You bore 427s .017 and .027 over, and you bore 390s to 4.125 for the one in a bazillion that can handle it. Try to keep up old guy.

Tisk tisk tisk. You have "Ford" bore sizes on the brain. Nobody bores a FE to 4.130, or a 427 .020 or .030 over any more.
    You bore 427s .017 and .027 over, and you bore 390s to 4.125 for the one in a bazillion that can handle it. Try to keep up old guy.
    4.4 or 4.5 on a 427 block??? Sounds like we had better call L.A. Sleeve...