Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    You may be right. I've always considered restaurants that have bars in them just that- Restaurants with bars in them Hell, I was kitchen manager of the original Cask n Cleaver and responsible for preparing the happy hour food back 25 years ago.

I used to go to with friends to the Red Dog in Needles and Sports Valley in Parker. I consider those bars just like Foxes. Are those dive bars? Straighten me out.
    Use to go to happy hour at Cask N cleaver in Hacienda Heights many many years ago ... the food was the best! .....everything about the place was good, not sure why it closed

Hey Jerry, one important detail I forgot to mention. The older guy I met who builds his own bikes and definitely seemed a little on the wild side; doesn't drink when he goes to bars. For the couple hours I was there, he drank Sprites. At least 3 of them.

Thought that was very interesting.

Lol!!!

Sounds like everyone's running a little bit different program. I must say, this is all interesting. I need to shoot a documentary about it.
    I always have a pretty good variety of alcohol at my place...I'm just not a big daily drinker. I think it's funny when people see my bar and ask me if I'm an alcoholic...I always reply, alcoholics don't have alcohol in their house. They usually drink it all.

I realized that not drinking daily makes it much easier to keep my girlish figure. So, vanity wins! Lol

Sent from my Bat Mobile

Ha. Kettle one has a delivery service

Quote Originally Posted by westair View Post
    Use to go to happy hour at Cask N cleaver in Hacienda Heights many many years ago ... the food was the best! .....everything about the place was good, not sure why it closed
    I'm not sure either. The food was good and makes me want to go pay them a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Hey Jerry, one important detail I forgot to mention. The older guy I met who builds his own bikes and definitely seemed a little on the wild side; doesn't drink when he goes to bars. For the couple hours I was there, he drank Sprites. At least 3 of them.

Thought that was very interesting.
    Maybe you caught him as he was winding down. Maybe he got there early...? If not maybe he was just lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I always have a pretty good variety of alcohol at my place...I'm just not a big daily drinker. I think it's funny when people see my bar and ask me if I'm an alcoholic...I always reply, alcoholics don't have alcohol in their house. They usually drink it all.

I realized that not drinking daily makes it much easier to keep my girlish figure. So, vanity wins! Lol

Sent from my Bat Mobile
    That's funny!

Isn't beer more of a fat gainer than hard drinks? You look good Eli, you have it figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Very true. I worked at a grocery store in High School. There was a guy who would come in every day and buy a small bottle of Jack and a couple 20ounce Coors Light cans. After a couple times seeing this, I commented to the cashier that this customer could save a lot of money by buying larger bottles and a case. He replied that the guy was an alcoholic and buying so little was the only way he could control how much he would drink for the night. If he bought more, he'd drink more.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Description Serving Sizes kCal Fat(g)

Calories in Jack Daniels (80 proof)

Single (25ml) 56 0
    Double (50ml) 111 0
    100ml 222 0
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Undersoul02 View Post
    My wife and I like to go to our local sports bar about once a week. We like it because it's a change of scenery for us and our 2 year old. Yes, we bring him with us all the time. He loves it because he can run around on the patio with the other kids and nobody cares. They have great burgers, roast beef dip and ice cold beer. Other then that we will have people over or go to their house. It's a lot easier on the kids and us. I'd say it's more about a change of scenery and friends for us then convenience .
    As far as dive bars go I'm not a big fan. I can drink beer out of a can or bottle at home.
    Speaking of Dive Bars....Have you ever been to Boomers on Bellflower and Del Amo across from the Taco Bell? They used to have an awesome band play there and you could get a 32oz beer for $6 def a dive bar though.

Sports Valley Bar saturday night of the thanksgiving circle races 98.

How many people can you recognize (if any)?

Sports Valley Bar saturday night of the thanksgiving circle races 98.

How many people can you recognize (if any)?

That's too funny.. Kinda dark though. Think I saw a Gordy and a Katie and a Ben. I'll have to watch it on the computer again. Lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk